Last Day of Camp

When I was younger than I am today, I was taught to listen to everything that surrounds my person. Though I'm sure you are saying I do not pay attention to most of the conversations my fellow campers have, and that is true. Although, I listen to the important parts, the "essential" parts.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I do not ignore them, because that isn't right. I'll listen to them, but right now...we need to listen to that alarm.

The warning of the alarm brought some unwelcoming memories back. Whenever I would come home from school, I would want to get my father's attention, but he thought differently. I guess having the most infamous poacher as a dad was the problem.

I'll give you some information about him. He's the "greatest" (to people like me; the worse) and most dangerous poacher of all time. That is what he is known for, I suppose. Any animal you can name...he's hunted it, he's gone vast lengths to achieve his simple goal.

But...

He never accounted the possibility of someone who has the potential of overpowering him. The someone who becomes the natural disaster that destroys the foundations he, himself, built. Of course you know the saying "There is always a bigger fish", I'm sure he thought of the possibility it could happen...but he never took that theory into practice.

By now you know who I'm talking about. I'm not trying to gloat or praise myself. I'm just someone who wants to show mankind that this has never been our world-our planet. For the longest time...I've been fighting, and I will not give up. Survival is part of nature...and hunting those who call themselves Poachers is part of my nature. We were all born to this world, as animals, we hate each other. It's just Nature.

And when those animals are trying to survive...they panic.

"Attention: all park goers must report to the south fairy dock for immediate evacuation. Last fairy departs in 2 hours" The automated voice through the intercom echos throughout Main Street.

I leaped from row to row down to the others who have already grouped up. "That's it? No explanation? That's all we get?," Brooklynn asked.

I heard Sammy ask Darius a reasonable question. Yasmina and I are not in the best of shape, between the two of us I would say I'm better off rushing. Not to be rude, but Yasmina will only slow us down...the look on her face argues with that fact.

Hopefully I don't need to hold onto anything with my broken hand...I'm sure I just jinked myself.

Yasmina is not as slow as Ben and Bumpy, which is quite hilarious to me. I'm sure they'll be fine, they're with us.

"What we all should be worry about is catching a boat out of here, and naturally we have a problem," Ben stated.

My back didn't seem to agree with divorcing the recently obtained rest we had, so I just listened. He explained how we are too far from the dock, and I lost some of my composure.

I suddenly got up, took a few steps towards the guard rail, and then slammed my foot into the railing. I didn't notice the apparent dent in the railing until my senses returned. Not much of a dent now that I'm looking at it...it's more like I sawed it into two.

My breathing slowed down as I eventually turned to look at my fellow campers. "Uh, sorry...I just need some ambiance," I'm sure they knew what I meant, although Brooklynn and Darius tried stopping me from leaving the group. I wish they had, because now I'm waiting outside the entrance to the seats...staring at the bull.

It tracked us here, and now it's hunting. I quietly turned back and rounded the corner, seeing the monorail. Everyone else had the same idea, I know because Kenji just blurted out "MONORAIL! WHA-WHAT!" from below.