The Roaring Wind

(Warning you right now, the chapter is 5667 words long. I wish I did better on this chapter, sorry if it isn't as good as the others)

Personally, I didn't think I would ever have to sit aside while everyone does work. It has been a good few days since we went to the clinic, and I'm not allowed to help because of my injuries. I'd called Stego crap on that.

They know Kenji is useless compared to what Yaz and I can do, even when injured. I've always been the type to get everything done early and finish my tasks immediately, but here I am...just laying down on a log.

Bored and has the need to explore.

Luckily, those two problems were solved.

"Alright everyone, I think we should take a break for now," Darius called out from the new table that will eventually be replace later.

"We've been working hard for the past few days, I think it's time to rest up for a while," Darius breathed out as he sunk into a poorly made chair.

Kenji was thankful (even though he barely did anything) and slumped onto another barely stable chair. Sammy immediately went to chat with Yasmina, apparently the two have been becoming friends. It's still early to say we've all become friends, but that is our fault. We haven't talked to each other much about anything outside of supplies and how to survive this dinosaur plagued island.

Brooklynn is the only one who didn't crave rest, that noise we heard on our way to the clinic seemed to capture her curiosity. This will give me a reason not to be bored and I can tell she wants to search for it, so my two problems can be solved...unless they say I can't do it because of my hand. This stupid thing better heal by the time my birthday rolls around, we're in December so next month is when my birthday strolls into town. Never celebrated it much, I wasn't the type to do so, but I did enjoy the moments I spent with my Grandpa, Howard, on those special days.

He'd never would've allowed my father to poach animals if he had the ability to do so. Sadly, he wasn't as young or strong as he used to be. Of course my grandfather, George, my dads dad, is part of the whole endeavor my father has created.

My father thinks animals are insignificant and should be mounted on walls and stuffed. He has the sadistic nature to torture animals that have managed to hurt him. I emphasize "managed" because it is extremely rare for anything to sneak up on him.

A trait I share with him is the sadistic nature, but I don't let that side of me out. If I were to let that side of me loose, it would only be because I was "hunting" my fathers poachers. One day, I would have to hunt him.

"While you all rest, I'm going to search for that weird noise," Brooklynn stated while picking up a plank of wood that was put in the "not suitable for awesome base" pile.

"Good, gives me an excuse to do something around here," I stood up from the log and had walked over to her, she looked at me with raised eyebrows. Then she titled her head, almost looking concerned, so I knew what she was gonna say.

"Don't say anything, I'm bored and doing absolutely nothing is making me feel utterly useless," I stared into her eyes that were deciding wether to allow me to join her or leave me here bored.

"Fine, but only if you don't climb a tree so recklessly again," she furrowed her eyebrows and pointed a ordering finger at the bridge of my nose, where my eyes meet said nose. I chuckled, "Fair enough, but if I need to, you can't stop me," I smirked as I started walking towards the dirt path leading into the jungle.

"Hey-wait! No, you can't-Hunter!," I heard her complain as she was catching up to me.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————