A Dino Run

Obviously I had a scheduled nap and field day of observing the life on Isla Nublar today, but I was stuck with the job of making sure the camp was in perfect condition when everyone came back. Yasmina had also stayed behind, her ankle is still healing, as of my hand; completely fine.

So I've just been practicing my archery and knife throwing. Yaz was drawing in my notebook, I had asked her if she could draw that Allosaurus we've encountered numerous times already.

"What time do you think the others will get back?," I asked before throwing my knife straight at the target I made, the poor wooden plank was used as my punching bag for awhile now.

"With Kenji, nobody knows how long it'll take," she stated without looking up from the paper.

"Yeah, that's—TRUE," I threw my knife as hard as I could and was met with a satisfying ear piercing crack. I had spilt the board in two. "I'm guessing you're bored as well?," she blankly asked.

"Yep, wanna do something?," I nonchalantly asked while grabbing my knife from the broken wooden plank.

"...why not?"

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

We had built a temporary training area, sadly the track part was unused as Yas's ankle was still healing. I had gathered the most suitable resources for our "outdoor gym" and so far I'd say it was decent.

"Pushups again?," Yaz challenged with a smirk.

"One hand?," I smirked because the one handed version I'm talking about only involves the one hand.

"Fine by me," Yaz got down to the grass, barely noticing that 90% of my body had disappeared from her view.

She slowly looked up to see me balancing on the one hand, my feet extended into the air. She scoffed and then did the same, luckily my black shirt underneath my jacket was tucked in, I'm not insecure about any part of my body, but growing up around predators that are twice to even four times the size of you can make you cautious.

My clothes are more or less a suit of armor for me, because apparently a Mugger Crocodile can't tear my sleeve apart, didn't even leave a scar.

I've been attacked way to much for a normal teenager, haven't I?

We did as many pushups as we could, I only got two more than she did, which means I still won. We had done plenty of competitions during our free time, who knows when the others will get back.

The score had gone back and forth, from me leading to her leading. It eventually had tied but there wasn't anything we could do.

We left it at that for today, we can resume our competition later.

"Still a little early to head back," I sighed against a tree stump.

"Not much there to do anyways...," Yaz complained.

I softly nodded and then cracked my neck, I haven't told you guys about my neck problem, have I? Well, it involved the Black Death. I'll let you learn of this African beast on you're on, but It was just after I had lost sight of some poachers I was "hunting" and it sidelined me, I had been flipped into the air and landed on my head.