Fishing for Sucho's

Hunter had been napping inside his hammock for a few hours now, after his birthday he had grew silent and begun to disappear into the jungle every so often. He didn't quite look himself lately, it was this sad mood around him that made the other campers worry for their dirty blond haired friend.

Brooklynn and Darius had had enough of his increasing distance, so they decided to (try to) cheer him up. Brooklynn tried conversing about animals and the beautiful places she has visited, he faked his interest which frustrated her, he just...wasn't himself.

So they are now going to try Darius's plan, which is explore and observe.

"Hey, Hun'er! You up for some exploring today?," Darius did his best to hide his hopeful tone, "We could check out any dinosaurs by the river this time!," Darius beamed at Hunter, to the green eyed boy, he saw a younger kid pleading to him.

Hunter audibly sighs and slowly gets out of his hammock. "Alright-alright, I'll go with you."

At least he's honest, Darius thought.

"Great! Let's get going!," Darius grinned at Hunter, earning another sigh from the Nature Boy.

Hunter followed Darius down the latter and he proceeded to wait for Darius near the Jurassic park logo in the middle of the camp grounds. Darius had walked off towards Brooklynn before the two adventured towards the river, supposedly where the Cretaceous Cruise attraction is.

Brooklynn noticed Darius's satisfied smile, "Is he going with you?," she asked with hope.

"Yep, he knows he's been acting weird lately too, so I think he's trying to distract himself from whatever it is that's bothering him," Darius looked back at Hunter, who is patiently waiting with his hands in the pockets of his jackets.

"That's good to hear," Brooklynn rubbed her arm from being anxious.

"I know it's not about his birthday, but it seems like he's...in grief," Brooklynn whispered to Darius, just in case Hunter had heard her.

"Who could he be grieving about? There's no way he could communicate with anyone off the island!," Darius exclaimed, but not loud enough for Hunter to hear.

"It could be B-Ben..."

Darius was taken aback by the mention of Ben, everyone was adamant on not mentioning Ben or even think about what had happened. Hunter tried saving Ben, Darius tried after Hunter, so he can tell why that it could be a possibility.

"Alright, I'll just...I'll ask him about it," Darius gulped and looked back to Hunter still waiting with no change in appearance.

"Be careful—and t-tell him I said b-be careful," Brooklynn quickly added, she looked away from Darius's suspicious stare and winced when he made a musing hum.

"Don't worry, if anything happens, I'll get him out of trouble." Darius stated, mimicking Kenji.

"Eww, gross, you're acting like Kenji." Brooklynn giggled, "Plus, Hunter would be the one to get you out of trouble."

"Okay, yes that's true."

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hunter was quiet unless Darius spoke to him, he had been thinking about his dream the night of his birthday. He never forgave George for Poaching animals, but he tolerated him, so Hunter does not know how to feel about the potential passing of his remaining Grandfather. He'll only know the truth when he returns back to the mainland.