Feet on Fire

Fire; one of the four elements. It is Life but also death.

It can rage but also calm.

The similarities between Fire and Water are vast yet numbered. The two elements hate each other but rely on each other.

Hot and Cold.

Fire and Water.

Hopefully I can show just how alike the two elements are, one chance to show my father that we are the same yet different. But that is only a hopeful thought that has burned away throughout time.

My two grandfathers were the same way. George was Earth and Howard was Air, strange isn't it? How two complete opposites could become lifelong friends, I'm curious as to why that had happened. The two bounced off each other like a tennis ball in a tennis match.

If you had to ask me what element would the other campers represent, I would say it depends on ones views and judgements.

You can tell me that this person actually represents this, but I would want a reason as to why.

Of course you know mine, it is Water.

Darius is Water
Kenji is Air
Sammy is Air
Brooklynn is Fire
Yasmina, I have yet to decide. She shows traits of both The Lion and The Tiger. I'll learn more when I talk to her.

As for...Ben.

I would say he was a Lion. He didn't know it at the time, but he was braver than most people. He didn't have to crawl across the top of the train and save us, but he did. He was stubborn when Kenji argued with him and he took pride in his...germaphobic habits.

So I would say he was Earth.

I have my reasonings for the others, and I'll lay out those reasons another time. For now, I want to do something other than sit here.

I noticed everyone besides Yaz and I have been working. They were all distracted by the task of building the base, so I took my chance to bond with my fellow camper.

"Hey, Yaz, whatcha doin'?," I causally asked the other teen.

"Oh, hey Hun'er, I was just thinking about a plan to make a track for when my foot gets better," She was nice to me, she knew I was cool with anyone until they acted stupid with me.

"Sounds entertaining and proactive," I added before leaning against the tree she is also leaning against.

"Since the two of us are benched, I had an idea of making ourselves useful for the time being," I lightly smiled at her. She raised an eyebrow and eyed me suspiciously.

"You in or not? Because I personally don't want to go alone at the moment," I was lying, she knew it, but she was obviously bored and wanted to do something.

"Fine, but if we get eaten, I'm killing you," she pointed directly at me, her warning had impaled my chest. She was quite intimidating, I don't get frightened that often by people, but she is one of the those people I don't want to mess with.

"Great, let's go before they notice we're gone," I grinned and started the journey on the dirt path.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"You like to compete with others?," Yaz asked, she had an uncharacteristic baffled look on her face.

For the past...6 hours I had my hands in my pockets, and yet they felt as they were ready for action. Even my healing one.