Between a Lion and a Leopard

To be honest, I wish I could skip today. The day "The Jaguar" was born, the day that was prophesied in my family many-many years ago. The day that Hunter Ravens would be born on—January 18th, 2001.

Personally...I hate my birthday.

It was rare I enjoy a whole hour of my birthday, let alone fifteen minutes. My Grandpa, Howard, and my Mother had did their best to make my birthday the day where I had the most fun. I had other priorities; Converting my father into a normal human being, what a human being should be, and avoid my other Grandpa, George.

Ever since I was little, I was more mature than other kids. Whenever I had talked to adults, I felt somewhat normal, they understood me more than the growing minds of my fellow peers. I was smarter than everyone around me, I was stronger, faster...weirder.

I was unique.

And I hated that I was different, until Howard and I started talking about what I could do in the future. His secluded house on the Californian Coast was a place I once felt at home, that I wasn't different.

My Mother and Father stated that I was like the combined version of Howard and George, by technicality it was true.

More ways than one, might I add.

But, they were so different from each other. Howard was Air and George was Earth, yet they've been friends since "The beginning of time" Howard used to say. I can see why whenever I talk about Howard to Darius, he seems to relate him to his father, I'm happy I can relate to Darius. He's a cool kid.

I never mentioned my Mothers name or what element and animal she represented, have I?

It's because I do not know her name or much about her personality. I've only seen a pleading smile hiding the broken pieces of what once was a person.

The hatred my father and I shared for each other had drove her away...

If I had the chance to talk to her again, I'll admit, I'll take it.

Maybe I have mentioned her name, or what she represents, but if I'm just gonna be truthful...that is only what I imagined it to be.

Before I continue on with my horrible past, I should mention that it's four in the morning right now. I've been awake for ten or so minutes now, in my hammock. The base had come a long way, nearly finished actually. We made a slide for multiple purposes, a shower with dreadfully cold water, beds, a table where we usually eat, the chalkboard (THAT SOMEHOW SURVIVED) is used for counting days—probably gonna change soon, and we have a toilet somewhere here...I can rarely remember where it is.

Back to my horrible life, since I need to kill time until the others wake up.

You've heard me talk numerous times about the four elements and what they mean to my family, and how nature is a huge involvement in it.

But I haven't told you about how we give our titles to family members, close friends, and even those we respect.

Obviously, and probably annoyingly, I've said multiple times which Big Cat represents which element. If you for some reason need a reminder, here it is.

Leopard: Air
Lion: Earth
Tiger: Fire
Jaguar: Water

It isn't just Pantheras, it's all Cats. You could be a Maine Coon, Siamese Cat, Persian Cat, Cheetah, Serval, Caracal, Puma/Mountain Lion, Jaguarundi, Persian Leopard, Amur Leopard, Snow Leopard, Bengal Tiger, Siberian Tiger, Margay, all the way to prehistoric cats.

There are some exceptions, obviously I've mentioned this mysterious person titled "The Phoenix" and so personally, your title does not have to just be a cat.