Chapter 7 : Super Soldiers

Y/n watched as Bucky launched himself onto the edge of one of the moving trucks, making quick work of reaching out for the latch to swing the door open and letting himself in.

"Show off," Y/n muttered to herself, soon nearing the opened truck and using all of her strength to jump and hold onto the side, swinging herself in.

"Hi, what'd I miss?" she asked, out of breath from the small sprint she had made just to follow Bucky up to the truck.

"They're stealing medicine. Vaccines..." Bucky exclaimed loudly over the sound of the moving trucks and wind.

"Hostage?" Y/n asked, looking around at all the crates and trying to search for the person who was supposed to be locked inside of the truck. She looked up, as well as Bucky, noticing a curly, redheaded girl peeking around from the side of one of the crates.

"Hi..." Bucky called out to the girl who had disappeared back behind the crate, which the pair thought was because of fear.

"Hi? Really?" Y/n asked him, raising an eyebrow at his meaningless approach.

She finally stepped back out, completely, in front of the two people. She had a slightly concerned look on her face, staring at the two of them in silence.

"Bucky, talk to me. What's going on?" Y/n heard Sam say from Bucky's earpiece.

"Found the hostage," Bucky replied, looking back at the crates beside him then out the truck door before turning back to the girl.

"We can help you," Y/n said to the girl, attempting to console her worries.

"You ok?" Bucky asked, tilting his head slightly and raising his eyebrows in question. Instead of a normal response, the girl simply smiled widely. Quite creepily. Y/n automatically knew that something was wrong.

"Bucky..." Y/n said in suspicion, mixed with caution, gripping onto his forearm as she watched the girl continue to smile for no apparent reason. Y/n looked to Bucky who sent a small smile back to the girl.

Are you serious? How can you not tell something's wrong? You're seriously smiling ba- she thought to herself, when suddenly she was flung back with Bucky. The girl had sent a hard kick to Bucky's chest, causing Y/n to grip onto his arm tighter as soon as she felt Bucky being pushed back.

"Shit!" Bucky yelled out, staring at the girl who stepped onto the edge of the truck and lowered a mask onto her face, the same mask that they had seen from the photo Sam showed them earlier.

Y/n was now hanging off of Bucky's flesh arm, Bucky using his metal hand to grip onto the second truck that they were pushed against, holding Y/n tightly with the other.

"Should've gone to work!" Y/n yelled over the wind and blaring trucks.

All of a sudden, two other members of the Flag Smashers had hoisted Bucky up on top of the truck, bringing Y/n along with him.

Both Bucky and Y/n were being held back by one Flag Smasher each while the mysterious girl from the truck jumped from the first truck to the second one where the pair were.

"Get the fuck off of me asshole!" Y/n yelled, trying to nudge her elbow back into the guy who was holding her arms back. She refused to let up, continuing to try to move out of his grasp while Bucky did the same with his restrictor, trying to twist his arm to punch him.

Once the girl reached them, she punched Bucky in the stomach, then kicked Y/n in hers, making her groan out. Y/n watched as the girl jumped up and threw a punch right to the side of Bucky's face, making him bend down from impact.