Chapter 15 : Roles

"Couldn't get anything less...stripper like, huh Zemo?" Y/n asked, walking down the steps of the private jet to where the men were standing in their outfits. She kept her head down as she was attempting to pull the tight dress down, slightly struggling to walk in the heels she was given, they were much higher than what she was used to wearing.

She looked up to see the three men staring at her, although Bucky...he was eyeing her up and down with a straight face. Y/n felt herself burn under his intense gaze, shyly averting her eyes from him.

"Seriously? There's nothing else for her to wear?" Bucky asked, forcing himself to tear his gaze away from her.

"If there was, she would not be wearing that. Besides, James, I'm granting you a favour," Zemo casually shrugged proudly, earning icy glares from both Bucky and Y/n.

"Well Y/n, you look stunning," Sam complimented with a smile as they began to walk, the four of them side by side in a row along the bridge.

"Thanks, I would really like to say the same to you but...I don't think I can..." Y/n chuckled, making Sam look down at his colourful suit in annoyance.

"Yeah, look, we have to do something about this. I'm the only one who looks like a pimp," Sam said, shaking his head and rolling his eyes in disapproval.

"Only an American would assume a fashion forward black man looks like a pimp. You look exactly like the man you're supposed to be playing," Zemo explained, pulling out his phone to show Sam a photo of the man he's impersonating, "The sophisticated, charming African rake named Conrad Mack, aka the Smiling Tiger."

"He even has a bad nickname," Sam commented looking down at the photo as he grabbed the phone, "Hell, he does look like me though," he admitted.

"Wait, so who the hell am I playing?" Y/n asked, walking beside Bucky and realising that she didn't even know what persona she was meant to play.

"Ember Mack, aka the Smiling Leopard," Zemo answered simply, taking the phone back from Sam to display a photo of the Smiling Leopard.

"The Smiling...Leopard. The Smiling fucking Leopard. Well that explains the leopard print..." Y/n grumbled, looking down at her leopard print dress, irritated by the nickname.

"She is one of the most ruthless women you'll find yourself to meet. She's a fighter. Working alongside her husband, Conrad Mack."

"Wait a damn minute, I have to pretend to be Sam's badass wife?"

"Wife? Really?" Bucky sighed, shaking his head.

"Don't worry Buck, I won't steal your girl," Sam replied in amusement.

"I want a divorce," Y/n groaned, rolling her eyes at his comment, causing Sam to chuckle, placing the rings that Zemo had just given them on their fingers.

Zemo inhaled through his nose once, before asking, "You smell this?"

"Yeah. What is that? Acid?" Sam questioned as a car was now coming towards them from down the bridge.

"Madripoor," Zemo replied simply, watching the car.

"No matter what happens, we have to stay in character...our lives depend on it, there is no margin for error," Zemo warned, Y/n nodding in response even though no one was looking at her.

"You gonna be alright to do this?" Y/n whispered to Bucky, she was still uneasy by the fact that he was being forced to go back to that dark place again, even if it was only an act. He looked over at her with a swift nod. Bucky, Sam and Y/n wore cold and serious facial expressions.