Chapter 35 : Dangerous

Y/n was racing after Batroc, barely keeping up with him while Bucky and Sam continued against the Flag Smashers in their own areas. Sam was currently dealing with the chopper hostage situation. Even after being stripped of his title, John had shown up with a self made shield, fighting against the Flag Smashers near Bucky.

Y/n and Batroc were now outside, "I swear to god I'm gonna beat your ass," she called out, running towards him and shooting her leg out, making contact with his chest when he turned around to her.

Again with the flips, Batroc flipped and attempted to kick Y/n in the side of her face but she quickly ducked to the side, away from his leg.

"Back off, little girl," he warned with his thick French accent, but Y/n only glared at him, continuing in combat against him.

"Don't call me-" she ran and slid through his legs, coming up on the other side. It was a risk to do what she was about to do, but the high adrenaline prevented her from thinking twice about it. She quickly jumped, grabbed onto his shoulders and flung herself over his head, using all her strength. She gripped onto him, using every ounce of strength she had to throw him over her head and onto the ground with a loud thud, "-a little girl."

"Stay the fuck down," she ordered in a stern voice. She was now panting, tired yet thrilled at the same time. She really hoped that he'd just stand down. It was the first time that she was able to get him down without him landing in a proper, stable stance. She thought that'd meant something, but he quickly recovered, slowly standing up with a dark chuckle.

"Oh come on, man. You're not tired with all the fucking flipping and shit?"

He disregarded her questioning comment, "I only want the Falcon," he informed her and received an eye roll.

"Too bad," she stated, moving towards him and bringing her leg up to send a swift kick to the side of his head. Instead, he gripped her leg before she could make contact with him, "Shit," she muttered to herself.

Before she knew it, she was being flung over to a concrete wall, the impact stinging her back, making her slightly wince in pain.

"Again? Really?" she groaned, just noticing a glimpse of Batroc beginning to make his second escape attempt. She reluctantly rose from the ground, brushing herself off and putting her hand on her back to straighten herself through the pain. "And it's Captain America! Get it right!" she called out to him before setting off in his direction once again.

She had barely been able to keep up with Batroc as he took to the nearby blocked roads. She followed Batroc out to what seemed to be a construction site, but he was able to quickly duck away, Y/n losing him.

"Damnit," she muttered through gritted teeth. Y/n quickly turned around to the sound of a loud crash nearby, and metal beams being bent. She ran over, realising that it was one of the trucks that were used to evacuate the GRC leaders. GRC leaders who were still in the truck, "No," she breathed out, eyes wide.

John was nearby, currently fighting a mental battle with himself. It was either get revenge on Karli like he intended, or save those people in the truck.

Y/n was surprised when John had suddenly ran over to the truck, standing on the beams that he could easily fall through. He was attempting to pull the truck back from falling. Y/n immediately sprung into action, running over when Karli and another masked Flag Smasher had tried to stop John.

"John!" she called out, running over and helping push the Flag Smashers away while John tried to with one arm, his other hand on the back handle of the truck.

"Shit!" Y/n yelled as the four of them fell through the beams, landing at least four metres to the ground. Luckily the ground was slightly sandy, softening the landing just by the tiniest bit.