Chapter 21 : Mistakes

"Karli Morgenthau, you're under arrest," John called out as he entered the room, Bucky and Y/n following behind in irritation.

Karli looked over to John quickly before turning to Sam, "So this is what that was?"

"No, Karli wait-"

"Tricking me until you're back up arrived?"

Y/n followed next to Bucky, seeing that Karli was becoming distressed by their sudden arrival.

"No, I think we've had enough time to talk," John said, putting his hand up, attempting to stop Sam from arguing with him. Y/n pushed past Lemar quickly as Bucky fought to get past him, trying to push Lemar away without hurting anyone. Y/n went up beside John to try to stop him but before she could do anything, John had his shield lifted, Karli punching it once with great force.

Sam, John and Y/n were pushed back, hitting the table behind them, falling onto the ground as Karli began to escape, rushing off and jumping to the top of the stairwell. Y/n groaned on the floor, slowly lifting herself up as Bucky pushed Lemar away and began to make a run for Karli. Y/n knew that there was no way she would be able to keep up with two super soldiers, so she decided against following Bucky.

"Sam, get up," Y/n ordered, pulling him off of the ground. They began to run through each room in search of Karli, attempting to figure out where she would be able to go from the direction that she was headed.

They eventually made it to a dark, basement-like room, meeting Bucky as they tried to catch their breaths. Y/n put her hand on her chest, looking at Bucky, slightly jealous that he hadn't been in the same breathless state as her.

"I lost her," Bucky said to them, looking around the room.

"We're never gonna find her," Y/n added, trying to slow down her breathing.

"This place is a maze," Sam breathed out, gazing around the room before the three left, still in search of Karli.

They jogged through the building, attempting to find Karli, John, Lemar, anyone. That's when Y/n heard gunshots ringing through the walls, although she knew it was further away from them.

"Guys, gunshots," Y/n alerted them, pointing in the direction of the faint noise and looking around cautiously. They stopped for a second before nodding to each other and running in that direction.

After a minute, they were finally able to locate John and Zemo in a storage-like room of the building, Y/n and Bucky looking down at John as they caught up to Sam at the top of an old stairwell, Lemar also entering the room.

"What did we miss?" Sam asked, flexing his hands up slightly in question. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows at John, noticing that he was acting slightly suspicious as he looked over to Lemar who was behind him. Y/n glanced over to Zemo who was knocked unconscious on the floor, as well as destroyed vials, most likely the super soldier serum. Y/n sighed and shook her head before looking at John again.

"This is all your fault. Couldn't just sit fucking tight like you were supposed to," she said through gritted teeth, aggressively pointing her finger at him, completely outraged by John's actions.

"Hey, Y/n, calm down," Bucky said, his eyes softening slightly when he looked at the distressed woman in front of him, putting his flesh hand on her shoulder.

"This was a chance of a freaking lifetime and he screwed it up. Now she has even more of a reason to want us dead. So thanks a lot Walker. You've just proved yourself worthy once again," Y/n called out, sarcastically, beginning to move down the stairs with Sam to grab Zemo.

"Stay here. I'll get him," Bucky told Y/n, gently stopping her and moving forward in her place with Sam. Y/n stood at the top of the stairs, glaring at John before the pair returned with Zemo and walked out together.