Chapter 42 : Names

"He looks peaceful," Y/n commented in a soft voice. The pair were standing outside of a bar, looking through the window where Yori was currently eating.

Bucky stared through the window with a small, slightly saddened smile, although there was a hint of relief. He knew that what he did was the right thing, even if he had to lose Yori to do it.

"Hey, who's that girl?" Y/n snapped Bucky out of his daze when he mentioned her. "She just smiled at you," she clarified why she had brought her up when Bucky turned his head to Y/n. "She a friend?" she asked, genuinely curious.

"No. Not really," he answered, and Y/n lifted an eyebrow in curiosity, "She- We went on a date. Once," his nerves slightly peaked, and he rubbed the back of his neck with his leather covered hand. He didn't want Y/n doubting what they had with each other.

"Oh," she looked at Leah - the woman Bucky had gone on a date with - through the window, "She's pretty," Y/n observed, and Bucky furrowed his eyebrows before kissing her temple.

"You're beautiful," he reassured her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her to him as she hummed in response, keeping her eyes on Leah and Yori. "Please don't be mad," he muttered, pressing his forehead to her temple.

She slowly turned her head to look Bucky in the eyes. They held intense eye contact for a few moments as Bucky searched her eyes for any emotion. She brought her hand up, holding the side of his face, and pulling him down to her. She captured his lips into a kiss, and every single nerve of hers peaked. Her heart was hammering inside of her. She'd never get used to being able to kiss him, but could also get used to kissing him all damn day. It was a good, confusing, thrilling feeling.

Their lips were softly pressed against each other's, slightly moving. A sensual kiss that had both of them aching for more of each other. When they slowly broke the kiss, their lips were still slightly brushing over each other's, eyes still closed. Y/n smiled with a small breathy laugh against his lips, "Why would I be? You're mine," she mumbled.

A wave of relief washed over Bucky from her words, he opened his eyes, "Did you just assert dominance?" he teased, referring to the sudden kiss. "Are you...jealous?" he teased again, and Y/n lowered her head, burying her face into his chest.

"Shut up," she mumbled into his chest, and he responded with a laugh, pulling her closer by the shoulders, and pressing a kiss to her head.

"Come on. Big day today. You got your phone?" he asked as they began to walk away from the window of the bar.

"Yeah. I still can't believe you had it this whole time. I completely forgot that I even had a phone," she answered, slightly throwing her hands up, surprised that she'd gone all week without even touching a phone.

"That was the point. It meant you had more time to talk to me," he mumbled in a low voice that was barely audible, keeping his arm around her shoulders as they continued to walk to her mother's office.

"What did you say?" she asked, since she had been distracted by a puppy that passed with their owner while Bucky spoke.

"Nothing," he said, pressing another soft kiss to her head through a smile. He pulled away from her head when he heard a small laugh escape her lips, "What?" he questioned with a smile. He didn't think he'd smiled so much in such little time since the 40s.

"You're giving me so much affection that I might actually pass out," she giggled, bringing her hand up to hold the hand that was hanging off the front of her shoulder.

Bucky stayed silent, beginning to overthink, "Oh..." he gently pulled his hand away from hers, lifting his arm off from around her shoulder, "Sorry. I didn't mean to," he mumbled. He wasn't exactly completely sure how relationships worked. He just knew he wanted to show her how much he loved her. Maybe it was too much. Maybe it was too fast. Their story wasn't exactly typical.