Chapter 18 : Dangerous Intel

It was the next day and the five of them were now navigating their way through a shipping container yard, Sharon in lead.

"Madripoor can give New York a run for its money," Sam commented while they continued to walk.

"They know how to party," Zemo replied while Bucky and Y/n stayed silent, looking around every corner.

"With that bounty on your head, the longer you're in Madripoor, the less likely you're ever leaving," Sharon said, holding her phone out for the right directions.

"Now, does she mean we'll die here or that we'll literally be stuck here...?" Y/n piped up, making Bucky raise an eyebrow at her.

"You know what? Forget I ever asked," she shrugged before they finally came to stop.

"Alright, he's in there," Sharon notified them, gesturing to one of the containers, "Container 4261. I'll keep an eye out while you guys talk to Nagel, but hurry. We're on borrowed time," she held out her hand that had an earpiece for each of them.

"Should I go with y-" Y/n tried to ask Sharon, but Bucky interrupted.

"You stay with me."

The four of them looked at Bucky with a raised eyebrow, but Sam also wore a goofy grin on his face at Bucky's sentence.

"Us. You stay with us. You know what? Come on, let's go," Bucky huffed, grabbing Y/n's hand and dragging her over to the shipping container when Sharon walked away.

Sam went over and slowly opened the door of the container, looking inside with confusion as he said, "Hey Sharon, you sure this is the right one? It's completely empty," through the earpiece. Y/n peeked inside to see the empty container, making her furrow her eyebrows.

"Positive. It has to be," Sharon assured him through the earpiece.

They all cautiously stepped inside, looking around at the rusted interior. Zemo turned his small flashlight on, seeking any clues.

He curiously slowly walked to the back of the container, examining the wall and placing his hand on it. Zemo pushed it forward, making the wall press into a hidden area.

Zemo looked back at them, hearing music coming from behind the wall. Bucky, Sam and Y/n instantly grabbed their hand guns out of their holsters, getting ready for what was to come.

Zemo pushed the wall to the side, revealing a set of stairs that most likely led up to another area in the container. The music grew louder as they moved closer.

"Stay close," Bucky said to Y/n in a low voice, his gun raised with precaution.

"Don't worry Buck. I can handle myself," she assured him, giving him a tiny smile and then raising her gun as well. Bucky made sure that she was in front of them as they followed the other two up the stairs so that he could keep an eye on her at all times.

They saw a man in a lab, Wilfred Nagel, mumbling along to the song, completely unaware that they had just entered his lab.

Both Sam and Bucky looked at each other, as if they were making a silent agreement for Sam to go forward. He slowly moved closer, his gun still pointed at the man, then he stopped the record from continuing to play.

Nagel was taken by surprise when the music stopped, instantly turning around to see Sam and Zemo while Y/n and Bucky stood off further to the back.

"Doctor Nagel?" Sam asked him, pointing the gun right at him.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Nagel immediately asked him, hiding his fear.

"We know you created the super soldier serum."