Chapter 13 : Playing With Fire

It was a new day and the three of them were now walking down a bright corridor inside of an imprisonment facility in Berlin, accompanied by a German officer.

"Prison. This guy's in prison..." Y/n observed, dumbfounded by the fact that they were going to trust some psycho that had been locked up.

"Yep," Bucky replied simply.

"He's just through that corridor," the officer notified them, subtly pointing straight ahead and turning his head to face the people behind him.

"Alright. Give us a sec," Bucky answered, the group of three coming to a stop as the officer nodded in response before walking away.

"I'm gonna go in alone," Bucky announced in a low voice, making Y/n's eyes widen slightly at him.

"Alone? Isn't this guy dangerous or something?"

"Yes...but I have to."

"Why?" Sam asked in confusion, resting his hands on his hips.

"Cause you're an Avenger, you know how he feels about that."

"Buck, it's not like you two were known for frolicking in the sun together," Sam said, sarcastically, nodding in the direction of where the cell would be.

"I'm not an Avenger, so I should be able to go," Y/n pointed out, hoping that would be enough to convince Bucky to accompany him.

"You're still a stranger. Look, he was obsessed with Hydra. We have a history together, trust me. I got it," Bucky assured the pair in a low voice before turning and walking down the corridor as Y/n and Sam watched him from behind.

"So what? Are we just supposed to stand here and wait for him? Do nothing?" Y/n asked, slightly outraged by the fact that Bucky had insisted on going in alone to talk to a convicted criminal.

"Apparently," Sam answered simply, nodding his head, staring down the hallway.

"What's up with this guy anyway? Why is he here?"

"He bombed the UN, killed Wakanda's king and framed Bucky for it..."

This made Y/n's eyes widen. If she had known this before then she definitely wouldn't have let Bucky go in alone.

"And he managed to 'activate' the Winter Soldier..."

"He did what?!" Y/n's blood was boiling now, her eyes wide and her hands clenched into tight fists. She was extremely shocked that Bucky had wanted to go in alone. She immediately took off down the lit up corridor, ignoring Sam's protests. Y/n made her way down, demanding to be let in by the officer.

She stormed into the cell, seeing Bucky, and the man behind a thick, glass screen engaging in a conversation.

"Bucky Barnes! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"It appears that someone is in trouble..." Zemo said in a low voice with amusement, seeing the girl storm in behind Bucky.

"Y/n? What are you doing? I told you I'd go in alone," he argued, turning to face her while Zemo simply stood there and watched.

"Bucky, you stupid ass bi-"

"Y/n, calm down and go outside," Bucky ordered, grabbing her shoulders to keep her in place as he talked to her.

"No, I'm not leaving you alone in a room with him," she answered with an irritated tone and pointing towards Zemo.

"It's a pleasure. James, introduce me to your little girlfriend."

"Not his girlfriend."

"Not my girlfriend."

Both Y/n and Bucky snapped in unison, turning to look at him with expressions full of anger.