Chapter 24: Fresh start

3 years later

Dean

"Damn, she's cute".

Jackson laughed like a maniac and whistled at a group of girls passing by. Their eyes looking at Jackson in disgust, but turning to me and batting their eyelashes whilst wrapping their fingers in their hair.

"Hey, Dean, what do you think of her? I'd slap her ass red raw" he groaned as he made inappropriate gestures to one of the girls.

Frowning at him, I shook my head and looked out to the road desperate to go home.

"Come on bro, where's your interest in girls. They're practically drooling over you and you're in cloud land and"-

"DEAN!"

A little voice called out among the crowds and as if people sensed her authority, the crowds of people parted revealing my baby sister dressed up in her little ballerina outfit. Her hair still neatly made the way I had done it early in the morning.

"Bye I guess" Jackson shouted as I ran away from him, not caring about the eyes on me.

Pushing through the crowd, I fell to my knees and opened my arms to embrace my baby sister.

"Hi baby, oh I missed you so much" I whispered into Lucy's ear as she jumped into my arms squeezing me tighter than ever.

Kneeling before the only girl I'd ever love, I pulled away and stared at her as she giggled and playfully pinched my cheek.

"I missed you more Dean Bean" she giggled as she jumped into my chest once more.

"Hey Dean".

Picking my baby sister up in my arms, I turned around to see a group of girls staring at me with their fingers still twirling around in their hair.

"Yes?" I asked looking away almost immediately and focusing on Lucy who was frowning at the girls who interrupted our little moment.

"We were wondering if you wanted to come out with us for dinner" Olivia asked with hopeful eyes.

But before I could refuse the offer, Lucy wrapped her arms around my neck and blew a loud raspberry at them.

"No. My Dean Bean" she answered possessively with a death grip on me.

"There's your answer. Let's go home sweetheart" I smirked at Lucy mentally grateful for her interruption.

Olivia's jaw dropped as I pushed past them with Lucy still sticking her tongue out at them.

If there was one thing I knew, it was that Lucy was the boss. What she said goes. And I'd never deny her anything.

Carrying Lucy away from the chaos of my school, I looked over to see Maria smiling at us as she stood by the new car I had bought for her.

"Someone has been talking about you all day" Maria smiled as she embraced us both.

"Oh really? Was this little munchkin talking about me all day" I smirked at Lucy as she frantically attempted to open a little box of raisins.

Sitting my raisin monster on the top of the car, I held my hand out with a soft smile whilst offering to help.

"No. I'm a strong girl. I don't need a boy's help" she frowned as she flipped her hair to one side.

"Blimey, that told me. Alright miss independent".

Watching her glare at the little box, I smiled as she ripped it open with a loud growl before neatening her hair back.