Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1:

Harry Potter was born on July 31st, 1980. He lived with two loving parents. Until one fateful day.

October 31st, 1981 brought a shadow to Godric's Hollow. Gliding silently as he made his way to the door and pausing. His target was only a child after all.

So why was he doing this?

Because there was a prophecy saying this child had the power to vanquish him. Of course he needed to get rid of the threat. The man took a deep breath before blowing the door off of its hinges.

"LILY! HES HERE! TAKE HARRY AND RUN! I WILL HOLD HIM OFF!" The young lord of the house shouted, lunging for his wand on the sofa.

He didn't make it. The man's arm came up, wand in hand. "Avada Kedavra." He breathed. The green stream of light leaped from the raised wand, hitting the other. James Potter was dead before he hit the ground.

The shadow man walked quickly up thirteen steps and down the hall. Stopping at the door that was opened, listening to the hushed voice. "Shh. It's okay Harry. You will be okay." Lily said. Instead of crying, like the shadow man expected, the child looked over her shoulder at him, eyes the color of the killing curse.  Lily looked over her shoulder as well, face freezing in fear before standing up and blocking the crib. "Leave my Harry! Please! Take me instead!" She pleaded.

"Stand aside silly girl!" The shadow man hissed quietly, knowing she heard the warning as he raised his wand.

"Please!"

"Stand aside!" When Lily still did not move, a green light hit her in her chest. The man turned to the child, who stared at him. "I am sorry, but I must do this. Albus has ruined things to much to let go and I must try to right this. Avada Kedavra!"

The curse hit the child and rebounded. It hit him and he vanished, his soul splitting from his body and moving to the next living thing.

Harry Potter.

The boys magic welcomed his soul with open arms, cradling the mutilated soul and hiding it deep within him.

When Albus Dumbledore walked into the room, Harry was looking at him calmly, not fussing or crying, just staring as blood trickled down his forehead. Albus smirked. "So it worked? That's good. Now he is going to be mine and the Boy-Who-Lived will owe everything to me. Tom is no more for now but he will be back." Albus muttered, not knowing that the shadow man's soul was listening from Harry's body. The old man picked up the child and apparated to Surrey. "Now be a good weapon and stay here. They will... Take care of you." The old man placed Harry on the steps of Number 4 Private Drive with nothing but a blanket in the cold. Albus chuckled almost evilly before vanishing.

The shadow man was shocked. By now you should all realize who he is. Voldemort. Voldemort never thought that the leader of the Light would use a child like that. Harry started to shiver in the cold, drawing Voldemort's attention to him. The older soul wrapped his magic around Harry to keep him warm and slowly the shivering subsided.

'I won't let him use you like he used me. Together, we shall fix the world.' Tom whispered to the child who seemed to understand as he made a cooing noise.

When the door opened in the morning, Tom knew immediately that the muggles were not the good kind. They were magic haters. Harry's life isn't going to be easy but Tom will do everything he can to try and help him.