Chapter 11

"I am ready sir." Hadrian said in a shy manner, before yawning cutely. Hadrian could have sworn he heard Hufflepuff's Head of House go 'Awwwww' and smirked internally.

"Of course my boy." Dumbledore stood up and motioned Hadrian to follow him. "Let's head to my office."

Le time skippo to offico- (I have no idea)

"Harry, my boy." Dumbledore leaned forward against his desk as Fawkes rested on Hadrian's lap. "I am offering you a resort."

"But why sir?"

"Slytherin is the House that your parents' murderer was, is, in. I am sure your parents wanted you to be in a good light house." Dumbledore pulled the 'your dead parents would have liked this instead of that but they can't tell you because they are dead because of the thing' card.

"But sir!" Hadrian exclaimed, acting shocked. "The Hat said I would do best in Slytherin!"

"Why would the Sorting Hat say that?" Dumbledore said worried.

"The Hat said that Slytherin is the House of Ambition and Cunning. He said my ambition to make my parents proud of me was so strong that I needed to be in Slytherin. You could try again but I am not sure how well that would go." Hadrian acted unsurely, putting his face against Fawkes warm feathers as the Phoenix trilled softly.

Dumbledore, stood up and got the Hat down from the shelf. Once the Hat was a centimeter above the raven hair, it shouted out Slytherin without hesitation. Dumbledore tries again with the same result. Hadrian started to tear up. "Stupid hat!" Dumbledore grumbled almost inaudibly.

"Am I doing something wrong? Am I not supposed to want my parents to be proud of me that bad?" A tear slipped.

"No. No. You are free to go. Feel free to come to me if you have an issue or you need me." Dumbledore sat down a grandfatherly twinkle in his eyes as his face showed a little bit of irritation.

Hadrian rushed out of the office, like he had just been yelled at. When he turned the corner, he ran into who he believed was the Hufflepuff's Head of House. She took one look at the crystal like tears before she was smothering him in a hug. "Oh Darling! What's wrong?" She cooed.

So Hadrian decided to manipulate her. He told her of everything that happened in the office. "I don't want to leave Slytherin!" He finished.

"Do you know who I am?" The witch asked kindly leading him down some halls.

"No." Hadrian shook his head, looking up at her.

"Well dear, my name is Professor Pomona Sprout. I am Hufflepuff's Head of House." Sprout said, leading him down yet another hallway.

"Professor?" Hadrian asks an in a small voice, sensing the perfect opportunity to do... Something.

"Yes?"

"Me and my friend had an argument. Can I be allowed to stay at Hufflepuff's Common Room?" He asked tentatively.

"Of course you can! We are actually here now." She smiled at him. "We Huffelpuffs, though often underestimated and cast aside, are hard workers and excellent friends. Hopefully you will enjoy your stay in Hufflepuff." She let him into the common room.

He stood awkwardly just inside the entrance as everyone turned to stare at him. "It's a Slytherin." Someone whispered.

"Potter!"

"Who's Harry Potter?"

"Didn't you hear? He said his name was Hadrian!"

A boy who looked only a few years older than him walked to stand in front of him. "Hello." The boy said, holding out his hand. "My name is Cedric Diggory."

"My name is Hadrian Potter." Hadrian smiled adorably.

"Nice to meet you Heir Potter." Cedric said.

"Nice to meet you too, Heir Diggory." Hadrian shook the brown haired boys hand.

Cedric's brown eyes almost seemed to shine with amusement. "Call me Cedric."

"Call me Hadrian then." Hadrian looked around at the common room. "This place smells delicious."

"That's because we are next to the kitchen." Another first year piped up excitedly. "My name is Susan Bones but you can just call me Susan." She hugged Hadrian tightly. "You and the other boy were so adorable at dinner!"

Hadrian shot Cedric a 'Help me!' look only to be shot down by a laugh. "Are all Hufflepuff's this touchy?"

"Yes." Cedric replies. After a moment of continued hugging, Hadrian started to get a little uncomfortable and shifted uneasily. "Let him go Susan." Cedric decided to take pity on him.

One of the prefects came up for them. "You can sleep in the room over there. For some reason it just appeared there."

"Thanks Hogwarts!" Hadrian smiled happily. A warm wave of magic caressed his own before retreating again.

"Why are you thanking the castle?" The girl named Hannah asked curiously.

"I am Lord Slytherin-Hufflepuff-Ravenclaw-Gryffindor. I could just ask the castle for something and she would try to provide to the best of her abilities." Hadrian replied.

"My Lord!" One of the other prefects said.

Hadrian grimaced. "None of that my Lord stuff please." Hadrian whined. "I want to explore and enjoy my first day here!" He put on a hopeful face as he turned to Cedric. "Can you show me around?"

"Us too?" Susan and Hannah asked.