chapter 2

Dream groaned in pain as his mind slowly revived from its unexpected sleep, clearly not a long one as he didn't feel any more rested. The first thing he registered was the overall soreness of his body, and the second far more disturbing thing was something suspiciously warm nudging his shoulder. Dream forced his body to stay still as he slowly opened his eyes, and at what he saw made him never feel more grateful towards his mask for hiding his face. He barely stopped his body from tensing up when he spotted the waaaaaay to close pair of dark brown eyes barely two feet from him. He couldn't see much from his position lying on his back but from what he could see there was a human kneeling on the ground right next to him looking him over in what was clearly a mix of amazement and worry. Dream forced his breathing to stay steady, no matter how much he wanted to get as far away as possible. Humans were bad news, horrible giant creatures that were way smarter than any mob and the main reasons borrowers stayed hidden. The moment humans would see them they'd be captured to be sold or killed, or any number of horrible things. The stories borrowers told went on forever, with always the same lesson 'keep clear of humans'.

And now look where he ended up, with a human still annoyingly nudging his shoulder. Dream looked back up towards the human to see who he was dealing with, no surprise when he did not recognize this one. The human was a boy, probably around his age if he had to guess, with fluffy curly brown hair that was mostly pushed back by a pair of wide white glasses with dark lenses. but the most eye catching thing was how expressive his eyes were, like a window to every emotion the person was thinking. It was both the strangest and most amazing thing he'd ever seen. Which ok, he had to admit he's never actually seen a human before but he strongly believed that even compared to others this one had the coolest eyes.

Dream frowned, catching his thoughts spiraling. No matter how this human looked he was still a great danger, so he needed to go back to the basics. First, find out if the enemy had a weapon. Dream tried to see as much of the human body as possible but only succeeded in spotting the bow loosely hung on his shoulder. And oddly enough he wasn't wearing any armor, only a light blue shirt and dark blue pants. Dream felt his patience wearing thin as the human poked his shoulder again, seriously what was he hoping would happen?

Dream was about five seconds away from slapping the offending finger when he heard a noise worse than any human....the hiss of a creeper. It seemed the human heard it too as he jolted up and looked to his right. Dream only had enough time to see the human's eyes widen before he was grabbed for the second time that night, thankfully in a much looser grip. Dream heard the creeper give its final warning hiss before curling up in as much a defensive ball as possible in the human's hands. He faintly heard the human's voice yell out before the explosion, "oh shi-!"

The next thing Dream knew there was one hell of an explosion and the whole world went upside down. He felt what must've been the human get tossed back a couple feet before landing roughly on the ground. Dream was tossed violently against the hand holding him and felt a searing pain in his side when he was thrown particular hard on it. When the earthquake finally stopped he rolled to the bottom of the hand, breathing shallow pained breaths. He stayed tensed laying still until he was sure everything stopped moving, until a blanket of silence fell over the field. No more mobs, no more explosions, only the slight ringing in Dreams ears and the now oddly still human. It must have been morning, if the rays of light shining through the fingers meant anything.

Dream grimaced in pain when he finally started to push himself to a stand, steadily ignoring the stifling heat radiating off the prison walls surrounding him. He stumbled on the unfamiliar surface as he made his way towards the rays of light. Once he made it to the finger, that he now noticed was as tall as him, he pushed passed it and into the daylight.