Chapter 15

Dream gently pushed against the door, hearing the old wood creak as it opened. He walked into the house, dropping his bag off at the bench and closing the door behind him. Dream sighed, feeling a sense of calm fall over him now that he was back in the quiet borrower house. He could see light flickering off the walls ahead of him, suggesting that the fire was going. Slowly Dream walked further, looking to his right at the couches. He stilled at what he saw, the calm scene before him setting a soft smile to his face.

Wilbur laid on the single couch, head tilted back and eyes closed peacefully. He held a guitar over his lap, slowly falling down to the floor in his loose grip. And in his other hand he held a paper, clutched closely over his heart. Dream couldn't see what was on the paper from his view. He glanced over to the hallway, noticing Tommy's and Tubbos door cracked open a bit.

Dream jolted when the guitar slipped the rest of the way to the floor, letting off a echoed thud from the hollow instrument. Wilbur's eyes slowly flickered open, brown eyes showing confusion for a second. His gaze flickered up to Dream's white mask before he remembered where he was. He tiredly sat up, giving Dream a weird look. "Why are you just standing there all creepy like?"

Dream huffed, going to the opposite couch and flopping down, "I wasn't being creepy, I just got back." Wilbur chuckled, setting his guitar aside to lean against his couch. He kept the paper in his hands. "Ohhh yeah how did that go? Go falling off any roofs lately?"

Dream blinked in shock behind his mask, giving Wilbur an unseen dumbfounded look. "How did you know? I didn't see you around there."

Wilbur shook his head, leaning back in his chair. "I was in the general area when the human caught you, took some quick moving to avoid being seen too. Wasn't hard to follow from there" Wilbur paused, looking at Dream, "the human didn't hurt you did it?"

Dream tilted his head seeing an emotion he didn't really expect from Wilbur, concern. It was hidden behind many walls but it was there, he was worried about Dream. "No he didn't hurt me, we made a trade to let me go. I answered a couple useless questions and got away."

Wilbur hummed in though, slowly pushing himself up from the couch. "That's odd...." he murmured to himself, putting the paper on the couch and walking towards the kitchen. "Well it's good you got away, I would hate to have to break you out of whatever cage you would be locked in if you didn't get away."

Dream snorted in amusement, watching Wilbur pull out a metal pot from one of the cupboards. He started grabbing supplies from the cupboards, supplies that definitely weren't there this morning. "Did you go borrowing?" Dream asked while he walked over to his bag on the bench, rummaging through it for a small needle he kept.

"Yeah, I did it while you were busy with the humans. I got it from the garden, a lot of good fresh food there" Wilbur spoke loudly from the kitchen so Dream would hear him, while he put a couple mushrooms on a chopping board.

Dream walked back in with a needle and small ball of thread, giving Wilbur an impressed look. "Really? While George was out there?" Wilbur nodded, careful chopping the mushrooms. "Yep, I've noticed he really doesn't pay attention when he's gardening"

Dream got a small smile on his face, noticing Wilbur refer to George as he instead of it. That was one of the first things he had noticed about Wilbur, he didn't refer kindly to humans. He wasn't sure why but it made him happy to see maybe Wilbur didn't absolutely despise George. That thought made him pause in his train of thought, confused. Why did he care? Since when it did it matter what others thought of George, he himself should be thinking of him as just a human too. But it became apparent that somewhere along the line George had stopped being just a human and somehow became just George.