Chapter 32

"Hey Will! Check this out!" Wilbur rolled his eyes, turning to follow his younger brother. He watched him run ahead, leading him through the thick foliage. He couldn't see anything outside the path through the leaves, not even the sun shining overhead could make it through.

But Tommy seemed pretty confident in his path, running through the leaves like they weren't ten times their size. He was pretty easy to follow, his golden hair standing out among the dark green leaves.

"Where are we going Toms?" Wilbur called, having to pick up his pace to keep up with him.

"C'mon Wil!" was all the response he got from Tommy. Wilbur squinted when a leaf whipped out in front of him, just barely ducking to avoid it. He looked out in front of him again for Tommy, eyes widening when he couldn't see him.

"Toms! Where'd you go!?" he let out a laugh, the teens' antics familiar to him.

"Keep up Wilby!" Wilbur heard the voice echo to him, sounding distant. It was dead ahead, through the thick foliage. Were there more leaves than before? He could barely see anything now.

Wilbur pushed through the leaves, feeling their heavy weight as he shoved them aside. He caught a glimpse of gold ahead, seeing his brother duck beneath a leaf. "Slow down!"

The leaves were getting heavy, too heavy to push aside. They closed in on him, shoving him around. He ducked underneath, breaking into a run to try to catch up to his brother. "Wait up!"

He ducked underneath another leaf, hearing his brother call for him again. He sounded so far away now, still ahead of him. Wilbur panted, running through the endless heavy leaves.

He gasped when it stopped, running straight into a stone wall. He felt the sharp stone scrape his palms where they stopped him. He knew this wall, it was the one back home, but how did they get here?

He took a step back, squinting at the wall in confusion. He blinked, and then there was a crack in the wall. The same one they used to get inside. He watched it slowly creak open, so much louder than it should be.

Wilbur gulped, looking inside the doorway. It was so dark inside, like a barrier of shadows forming to replace the door. "C'mon Will! Catch up!" Tommy's voice echoed back to him, coming from the door, sounding so far away.

The wall of darkness shifted, gaining depths as it seemed to stretch into a tunnel. It was still dark, but he could tell it wasn't just a wall of shadows now.

"WILBUR! HELP!" the scream ripped through the air, blowing wind out of the tunnel in front of him. "Tommy!" he yelled, running into the tunnel head first. It was as if the shadows swallowed him, not a shred of light in front of him. But he didn't need to see, he knew these tunnels better than anyone. He helped make them.

"WILBUR!" that was Tubbos voice! The scream of fear echoed all around him, reverberating through his skull. Why isn't he getting any closer!? "Tommy! Tubbo! Where are you!?"

"WILBUR! OVER HERE!" the scream ripped through the air to his right, pulling him like a magnet down the tunnel. He ran as fast as he could, going down passages he grew up in. but that was the problem, all of the tunnels were familiar. He felt like he knew every hall he ran down. Yet he was getting nowhere.

The ground was shaking, he could feel the trembles shaking the walls around him. His legs buckled underneath him, sending him sprawling to the floor. "WIL! HELP US!" he cried out in pain, hearing the fear soaked screams ripping through his heart.

"I can't find you! Tommy! Tubbo! Please!" he sobbed, the earth splitting trembles shaking everything. The walls were splitting, gaping cracks splitting the old wood down the middle. He could hear them, they were calling for him!