Season 1 Episode 9

The next morning, Abigail was still peacefully asleep on the couch when Natasha came in.

She shook the little one vigorously by the arm and whispered, "Come on, get up!" to wake her. Abigail wasn't planning on getting up that early, though, so she pulled the covers over her head, panting, and didn't even open her eyes.

The couch had been very comfortable and she didn't even want to know what a fortune Stark had spent on it, but her night had been plagued by horrible nightmares as usual. Although she had to admit that they were surprisingly less bad than before she had entered the tower.

"Stop acting so childish and get up," Natasha said more sternly, pulling the covers off her. Abigail decided to let her tiredness get the better of her anyway, closed her eyes again, and just continued to ignore her. Fed up with the procedure, which had already gone on far too long, Nat simply pushed her off the couch, causing the little girl to land on the carpet.

"Good, I'm awake," whimpered Abigail, who was now lying on the floor, mimicking Nat, "STOP BEING SO KiNdIsH AND STOP."

Natasha gave her an angry look but said nothing, at which point Abigail asked, "What?" definitely expecting a counterattack from the Black Widow.

"You better watch out, little one," the latter warned her with a tiny hint of a smile on her lips.

"Can I have my Oreos back now?" she wanted to know quickly, hoping to take advantage of her slightly better mood. But Natasha wouldn't be Natasha if she didn't see through her and decided to play along with her little game.

"How many times do I have to tell you? No!"

"But ... they're mine," she protested, crossing her arms in front of her, just as Nat had done earlier.

"I ate them last night, so they're not yours anymore."

"Are you kidding me?" Maybe she was. But then again, maybe she wasn't.