Season 3 Episode 16

"You could never," Wanda hissed through clenched teeth, and Thanos reached for her head. "Now is not the time to mourn." He continued toward the destroyed Vision, using a shimmering green stone. Seconds later, Vision was in full form with the stone in his head. Instantly, the two realized what he was about to do and jumped up. "No!" With a simple wave of his hand, he flung Wanda off her feet and pulled Abigail up by her wrist so that her feet dangled. "Pity such a waste of power," he sneered, tossing Abigail aside as well. Now nothing separated him from Vision and the Mind Stone.

When Abigail regained consciousness, Thanos was gone. "Thor, where did he go?" asked Steve the question that interested everyone. But the call of the unknown man, later revealed to Abigail to be Bucky Barnes and best friend from Steve's wartime days, drew attention to him. But seconds later, there was no Bucky to be seen. He literally vanished into thin air and only dust remained of him. What was happening here? Steve knelt down next to the remaining weapon and looked in shock at Thor.

Soldiers were disintegrating all over the battlefield, leaving the others in shock. Panicked, Abigail scrambled over to her best friend, afraid of losing her too. "Please stay with me, I can't lose you too," she sobbed, taking her hands in hers, too afraid she might disintegrate in front of her. "It's too late," Wanda replied, slowly losing her color. "I love you," she breathed and they both hugged one last time before she finally crumbled into dust. "I love you too." Even though she didn't get to hear her retort, it was important to her to have said those words.

Wanda was gone forever and all that was left before her was Vision, also dead. With tears strewn all over her face, she leaned over Vision and sobbed. Why did she have to lose another person so important to her? Why had it not been her who had disappeared. Why Wanda? What did she have that allowed her to survive? It was just unfair. She would not endure another loss.

Suddenly she jerked her head up. Her thoughts now revolved around only one person. Natasha. She couldn't be gone, too. She would not bear another loss and especially not the loss of her mother. Steve came running up to them to examine Vision's body. Behind him stood a raccoon, James and Bruce. Were they all survivors? A loud breathing made them whirl around. Nat sprinted toward her and hugged her tighter than ever. "Oh my God you're alive," she breathed in relief, brushing tears from her cheeks with her hands. Abigail was unable to speak but she didn't need to in order to tell Natasha her relief at her presence. Nat understood her even without words. "What- What is happening right now?" asked James in shock, making them all realize the magnitude of what had just happened. Thanos had disappeared to who knows where and so were most of their teammates. Their friends. Their family.

Rest in peace

Peter Benjamin Parker
August 10, 2001 - 2018

Peter Benjamin ParkerAugust 10, 2001 - 2018

Stephen Vincent Strange
1976 - 2018

Stephen Vincent Strange1976 - 2018