Season 2 Episode 30

No one knew her like Natasha knew her. No one held her the way she did. No one else would she like as her mother. But she didn't understand that she really deserved all this. The shuttle lifted off the ground and she caught a last glimpse of Steve comfortingly holding the crying Wanda. The sun was already setting behind the old Avengers Tower towering in the distance, and a few hours later, as they flew away over the depths of the sea, night was already falling. Whether Natasha had already received the message? Whether she would help her at all, or first continue the search for Banner. She dropped her guard as a huge underwater prison loomed before them. The Raft. As a tear escaped her eyelid, Ross yanked her to her feet and pulled her rudely from the shuttle. There was no natural light inside, as there was when the entire cell wing was below the water's surface. She should probably get used to it. Who knows how long she would be determined in here.

At the same time in the Avengers compound, Romanoff barged into the meeting room. Sitting at the table were Steve, Wanda, Vision, Sam and James, all of whom looked none too happy. Roger's message, sent her rushing out of the mission and before she had even checked any indication of Banner's whereabouts, she had turned back. "Nat-" Steve began and stood up to give her a reassuring hug. "Sparr you Rogers, you shouldn't have let her go with him," Natasha cried angrily, brushing his hand from her shoulder. "There was no other way. If I had resisted, Ross would have come with more men. I'm sorry," he expressed, pity flashing in her eyes for her outfitter. Of course she knew he was right but when it came to her little redhead, she reacted irrationally. To prevent a possible scene in front of the others, Steve put a hand around her waist despite all her objections and gently yet firmly pushed her out of the room. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that in front of everyone," Natasha admitted, lowering her gaze. Steve didn't know her like that at all, but what he did know of her was her concern. She didn't have to make up her mind with him to let him know she didn't mean it. Still, he was glad to hear it from her himself. With one finger he pushed her chin up and looked intensely into her eyes for a long time with a tender smile. "We'll get her back, I promise."