Season 4 Episode 27

The sun was already rising again when Abigail finally persuaded Pietro to see reason, as she called it. In return, she spent the rest of the night with him to enjoy the last hours they would have together, but also to let him in on her plan. Even before the announced meeting point this morning, she left his bed and scurried back to her room to get ready. At the breakfast table the next part of her plan followed. She waited until most of them had arrived and cleared her throat for the necessary attention. "First of all, good morning to all of you. I did some more research last night regarding Vormir and can assure you that this planet is absolutely harmless." Abigail's throat tightened at her lies but she had to keep a relieved expression on her face to eventually convince Natasha as well. "What I found out instead was that doing multiple jumps in a row is very harmful to the body. And Fitzsimmons strongly advises us not to send Clint on another time travel."

The construct stood, now the rest of the Avengers would just have to believe her words. Of course, she hadn't talked to the two scientists, but she needed confidential sources, and she certainly wasn't that wrong in her assumption. Time travel could certainly not be good for the body. "Once there and back I can still take it," Barton assured her adamantly, and Abigail had wanted to punch him in the face. If he knew his best friend's life was at stake, he wouldn't be so stubborn. "I think Abi is right. If the planet is harmless anyway, we might as well send her and Romanoff. There's no need to endanger Clint's health unnecessarily," Pietro agreed, and she would have loved to kiss him on the cheek for actually helping her. "I agree about the kids," Tony agreed and in fact this time she ignored the fact that he was still calling her kid. Natasha, Clint and Steve who were against letting Abigail travel with them were finally outvoted and so the preparations went into their final round.

On the holographic screen in the lounge of the Avengers headquarters all six Infinity Stones were visible; the stones were arranged according to the different locations and time periods the team had to travel to in order to get them. The locations were as follows: New York, Asgard, Morag and Vormir. The space stone, the mind stone, and the time stone were all located in New York. The reality stone had to be taken from Asgard. The Power Stone and the Soul Stone were on Morag and Vormir, respectively. "Okay, we have a plan," Steve announced seriously. He walked past Rocket, Scott, Rhodey and Natasha. Bruce and Tony stood to his left, Abigail to his right. Thor was still sitting around sullenly "Six stones, three teams, one try," Steve continued. They warned ready to change the future. The setting sun shone in through the hangar window. All the Avengers except a scowling Clint wore their time travel suits and marched toward the quantum tunnel platform. "Five years ago, we lost," Steve explained. "All of us. We lost friends, family, a part of ourselves." As the others walked on, Bruce separated from the group and stopped in front of the control unit. The rest of the Avengers walked up the ramp and entered the platform. "Today we have a chance to take it all back," Steve continued. "You know your teams and your mission. Get the stones. Bring them back." The Avengers formed a circle on the quantum tunnel platform and extended their hands to the center one by one. Each of them wore a time travel bracelet on their wrist, which was used to control their journey through the quantum plane. "One time travel for each," Steve reminded them.

Abigail would have loved to interrupt Steve to say her own last words of gratitude to the team but she couldn't give herself and her plan away. She wanted to hug everyone again and thank them, but it had to be that way.