The Reunion

There is a switch of POV in this chapter, and it also starts to get very juicy....enjoy.

Today was the day. It was the day that our whole friendship group were finally reuniting, and I couldn't recall a time I had been so nervous about meeting with a group of people.

It was a week and a half into my work trip, and I only had another couple of days or so, but I hadn't even been thinking about that - seeing my friends again had occupied my mind ever since introducing the idea to them.

Mel was travelling down this morning, right now actually, Jamie lived in London already, and Max and Anna had come down last night. Harry and I were gearing up to leave to meet them right now - well, whenever he would come out of his toilet.

I was sat at the kitchen table, holding a warm cup of coffee I'd stared at a little too long, an empty bowl in front of me, the cereal long gone.

Glancing over at the living area, the sofa was still messy from where Harry had been sleeping. He'd refused to let me sleep on the sofa the entire time I'd been here, telling me he wanted me to have his bed. There was no arguing with the guy - he knew how to sweet talk anyone.

The click of a door alerted my attention, and thankfully Harry walked out, looking ready enough. This was really happening.

"Yes, yes - I know what you're going to say, and I'm ready! So let's go," he grinned, picking up his rucksack and slinging it over his shoulder.

The plan was for him to drive to Jamie's flat to pick him up, and then the three of us were meeting the others at a restaurant we'd agreed on for lunch, taking the rest of the day from there.

Being busy adults, it meant we literally only had one day to see each other, all of us having commitments either later that day, or the next. I, myself had to write up a report to my boss that she needed tomorrow, one I had been putting off all week.

Harry wasted no time in starting up the car, setting off towards busy London and a day that all six of us were equally as excited about.

"I haven't talked to Jamie in ages," I wonder out loud, in the middle of stalking his Instagram, trying to get a grip of what he'd been doing during our time apart. He looked like he had been having fun - lots of experience with football training, running sessions for disadvantaged kids in London.

"I saw him a while ago, offered to turn up to a session he was holding. Some of the kids knew who I was, so I think it helped him out a little...plus, you know I love my football," he grinned, and I sure did.

Even in school, making the football team was his dream. It was football this, football that. Him and Jamie were mad about it - it was how they'd befriended each other in school, before any of us had known them.

"Yeah, I do know that," I say light-heartedly - the screams from when his team, Chelsea, played on the TV were something I'd never forget. 

My phone pinged from inside my pocket, and a sneak look at it nearly had me doing a doubletake.

"Oh my fucking god," I whisper, clapping a hand straight over my mouth. Harry was never going to shut up about this.

"What?" He asked, anxious to know what had evoked such a reaction from me. "What is it?"

"Mel and Jamie shagged a year ago," I tell him, the words barely even comprehending in my own mind. The car makes a screech, pulling over into a parking spot on the side of a road.

"They did what?" He asked again, his face completely blank. I show him my phone, the text from Mel at the top of the screen, reading exactly what I'd just said.