Coffee Cup of Regret

The next morning I had around ten seconds of feeling peaceful, before the events of last night dawned on me, and I was filled with regret. 

I wish my memory wasn't so distinct from last night, because I remembered every single moment leading right up until -

Oh my god. Harry had walked in on Cal and I kissing. 

I shot up in bed, realising that I was in one of the spare bedrooms at the house. Sensible decision, seeing how drunk I was last night. I had no idea who had put me to bed, so maybe my memory had ended by then. 

I was in someone's pyjamas, and I guess them to be Freya's as they fit me quite nicely. Barefoot, I hopped out of bed, not enjoying the banging sensation that was prevalent in my head. 

The house was silent as I walked onto the landing and down the stairs. They were still decorated, which came as a surprise after seeing how destructive some of the people were last night at the party. 

"Lily? Is that you?" A hushed voice from the landing below mine asked. I peered my head over the banister, seeing Freya looking very dishevelled on the level below. A grin broke out on my face, and I hurried down the stairs to talk with her. 

"You look like shit," she grinned, looking at the state I was in, and I didn't blame her. 

"So do you," I reply, both of us walking down the final set of stairs, looking at the absolute chaos that was our lobby. 

"It's going to be one hell of a cleaning mission this morning," she groans, kicking her way through the rubbish. I follow suit, hoping she's heading for the kitchen because I am in desperate need of a coffee to kickstart my morning. 

"I don't actually know how we're both alive right now. You got put to bed at half four and I was in bed straight after. Complete chaos," she laughed to herself.

"Oh yeah, I meant to say. About last night, thanks for putting me to bed. And for the clothes."

"Huh? I didn't put you to bed. But you're welcome for the clothes," she says over her shoulder, making a beeline for the coffee machine. 

I was confused now. What did she mean she didn't put me to bed? Who the hell did?

"So, who did put me to bed? Because for the life of me I don't remember anything past like one am."

"Harry did. Left straight after you were in bed. Now I think of it, he didn't seem drunk at all, which isn't really like him," she says.

I debate telling her about what had happened last night, but really I know it's probably not a good idea. Not yet, at least. Once I tell someone, everyone would probably end up finding out. 

I just had to hope Cal had forgotten about it too. 

"So, a coffee?" She asks, pouring one out for me regardless. 

"You know my answer," I grin, sitting down at the island, deciding that the best course of action for right now was to pretend I'd forgotten about last night. I was so drunk that everything was a faze. 

"We've got the holiday thing this afternoon," she says, making me freeze up. 

"What?"

"Oh. I thought you knew, I swear Josh told me that he'd spoken to you -"

"Oh! No, yeah, he told me. he just didn't specify that it was today it was happening," I say, internally freaking the fuck out. 

"Well, the crew are finding out who everyone has, and since Josh is organising it, he's going to be there tomorrow. But we fly out tomorrow, so the boys won't know until they're at the airport. They're also getting one of our larger friend group that will surprise them throughout the trip, so they'll be here this afternoon too."