Simon

this chapter is for sums who has avoided this fic like the plague for three months but now has to read because simon will be playing an important role x

this is also sort of a filler chapter, going back on what we know but i think it sets up this friendship quite nicely!!

It was a week after the disastrous holiday shoot, and since then Josh and Kon had collectively decided to tell viewers that Harry had fallen sick, so couldn't make the video. We'd barely filmed anything proper for the video, and I had ended up basically unconscious from a punch that Harry had accidentally landed. 

All in all - it was something that did not get mentioned from anyone involved. That was, until the guys had decided to host another party. A party where I got to get my hands on alcohol again. 

So really, it wasn't my fault when I found myself pouring out my heart to someone I'd never really spoken to before later that night. 

It was the alcohols.

When I arrived to the house that night, I'd honestly planned on staying sober. Well, at least sticking to one or two drinks. But that was a lost cause as soon as I saw Freya pouring herself a drink, because she poured one for me too. And who was I to say no to a drink from my best friend?

So I drank it, and it was gone rather quickly. And then, ten minutes later, I was thirsty again. So I refilled my cup, and drank that drink. 

And so the cycle was born. 

I was on my sixth or seventh drink by the time I was on the floor in the living room. I was alone in here, but I felt OK. I could hear the music booming from in here, and it was at the right volume, not too bassy which I liked. 

It wasn't that I'd passed out - more like I preferred being on the floor for the time being. 

OK - so maybe I had accidentally fallen onto the floor - but I could definitely get up if I tried to. I just...didn't want to try at this given moment. 

"Are you on the floor?" A voice from above me spoke, and for a moment I thought God himself had descended from the clouds to speak to me personally. But no, it was just Simon's floating head above mine, peering down at me like I was the strangest creature on the whole of planet earth. 

"And so what if I am?" I drawl, not entirely sure if he understands me because by now, my words are definitely not as coherent as I would've liked them to be. 

He shrugs, not having an answer for that. Instead, he slumps down next to me, leaning against the sofa like I was. 

"So, why are you on the floor? In our living room...alone?" He asks again, and already he's starting to annoy me a bit. So many questions, and if people keep asking me questions whilst I'm intoxicated, of course I'm going to answer them - and it always ends in problems!

"Because I'm drunk, Simon...why else?" I reply, like it's the most obvious thing ever. It sounded way better in my head than it did out loud. 

"Fair enough. I get like that sometimes, you know, just wanting to get away from the attention for a bit. I don't really like the attention on me," he tells me, and it's something I relate to. 

"Me too! But you're a celebrity, and on camera all the time...how does that even work? It's like you're contradicting yourself," I correct him, and he looks taken aback at my response. 

"Since when were you a motivational life speaker when drunk?" He asks through a surprised laugh. 

"Since my life became too messy for me to fix, I try and fix other peoples," I say, probably way too truthfully.