Rescue

I like this chapter (ps thanks charlotte for all ur help)

MARCH 30TH 2022

"We're going to be late, Lily. We need to go!" Harry yelled, and truly, I was nearly ready. Key word being nearly.

"One minute! I'll meet you down by the car, take yours today and bring it round to the front, okay?" I call back from my room, still drying my hair from the shower I'd only just come out of due to oversleeping my alarm.

"Okay, I'll let Kev know you're still up there. Don't be too long otherwise we'll miss the booking!"

I heard the apartment door shut after him, and still rapidly tried to dry my hair. Everything else was ready, I just needed to finish my hair.

We were supposed to be meeting Simon and Talia at a restaurant in town, something we'd had to reschedule many times because something had always managed to come up in the way. But tonight was finally a night we were all agreeable on.

In no less than five minutes, my hair was at a stage of being mostly dry, and I gave up blow drying it, instead hurriedly putting my shoes on and grabbing my handbag, leaving and locking the apartment as quick as I could.

Kev was waiting in the lobby, by the elevator door, and we walked out of the building together.

"I'll be travelling in the car behind you two tonight, as will Damo for Harry. I'm not sure if his other security guard is working tonight," he informs me.

"Well, where is Harry?" I ask, looking round the car park, not seeing his car anywhere, which is weird because he was supposed to be parked right up in front of the building. I cast my eyes over to our garage, which we share, and it's only my car parked there, a large gap next to it where his should have been.

"I - I'm not sure," Kev stammered, looking around too. I'd never seen the man lose his words before.

"Well, where's Damo? Where are any of them?" I ask, starting to feel a tiny bit panicked all of a sudden. Harry wouldn't have just taken off in a hurry unless something had happened.

"Phone him, see if you can get a hold of him that way," Kev suggested, and he was already typing out someone's name to call as well.

Nodding my head at his idea, I dial Harry's contact and press it up against my ear. It rings, and rings until it goes to his voicemail. I hang up after leaving a very short message asking him where he was, and looked at Kev in confusion.

"Damo said he's still her - there he is!" Kev pointed, and at first I thought he meant Harry, too, but no. It was just Damo, who looked as confused as we all did.

"Have you seen Harry?" Kev yelled, and my stomach dropped when he shook his head.

"I thought you two would know where he went. I didn't even see his car," Damo tells us, which doesn't help the situation at all.

"So you're telling me that neither of you know where he is? What the hell do you get paid for?" I asked in a sudden outburst, and it was clear that both men were also surprised at the raise of my voice. I was always so softly spoken.  "Sorry, I'm sorry. I just don't like being in the -"

I stop talking as my phone starts to ring. I look at it immediately, and relief fills my body as Harry's number flashes up on my screen.