A Strange Encounter

"Harry, we're literally going to be late if we don't leave in the next five minutes," I yell, stood by the front door, all dressed up with my hair and makeup done too, ready to leave to go to the house to meet Freya and Josh for dinner. I'd been ready for a while now, but Harry was still in the bathroom. He'd been in there ages, and I had no idea what was taking him so long.

"Coming!" I heard him shout, eventually hearing movement from my bedroom. Seconds later, my door opens and he walks out. And he's actually scrubbed up so well. Normally, he hates wearing suits, but here he is, in a suit, his hair actually brushed for once. 

"Oh, wow," I say quietly, looking at him up and down, quite impressed with how he looks.

"Do you like the suit?" He asks, a smile spreading from one side of his face to the other. He also looked impressed with himself too.

"I love the suit," I compliment, walking over to him slowly and reaching up on my tiptoes to press a kiss to his lips. It's a short kiss, but it's sweet, and it's perfect.

"And I love this dress you're wearing," he compliments back, and I'm glad he does because it's a new buy. I only purchased it a few weeks ago, and this was my first time wearing it out, something I was very excited about. It was a short, blue and green dress and I was very much in love with it.

"Would you mind taking a photo, please?" I ask, battering my eyelashes even though I knew he'd oblige regardless.

"Of course," he grinned, taking my phone off of my hands and opening up the camera. I backtracked towards the clear wall, doing a few poses until I was satisfied that there had to be at least one good one.

"How'd I look?" I ask, taking my phone back off of him, scrolling through some of the pictures.

"Like an angel," he says quietly, meeting my eyes as I look up, smiling at his words.

"And you're too nice to me," I say, laughing a little. "Let's make a move, yeah?" I ask.

Whilst I wait for him to gather up his last few things, I go onto my camera roll, flicking through the photos he'd taken of me. There were some good ones in there, and ones of a much better quality than I normally posted on my Instagram. Or anywhere on social media for that matter.

I go onto my Instagram, which is now a public account, but still only has around two thousand or so followers. A big contrast from my unused Twitter account which seems to hold a whopping thirty thousand followers now.

Liked by wroetoshaw, freyanightingale, miniminter and others

@lilsholt: any excuse to get dressed up thanks @wroetoshaw for the pic 🤍

@freyanightingale: WOWWWWW!!! SEE U TONIGHT

@miniminter: they look like the bracelets we gifted you for your bday....