Dance With Me

I wrote this chapter to 'Dance With Me' by Beabadoobee. That should give an indication of what this chapter will be like.

APRIL 14TH 2022

HARRY.

Two whole days had passed since she'd left. Although, to me, it felt like an eternity. I hadn't received another message since the one she'd sent, but I continued to check up her daily. Sometimes even hourly. I knew she was getting them, and I could only hope she was reading them. 

I knew deep down that this time to herself was needed, and I also knew she'd be better for it in the long run. But I hated how far away she seemed. I still didn't even know where she was, and it drove me crazy. 

I wasn't the only person, either. It drove others crazy with worry too. Simon looked ill the last time I'd seen him, which was when he'd come round and read her letter. Ethan had been non stop texting me for updates. Jon and James had been texting in the chat, and Kev had been checking up on me every day. I could see that it was wearing him down too. 

He'd told me that Lily had text him to relieve him of being her security, but it didn't work like that. Kev was used to making sure she was okay every day. Now two days had passed and he didn't know where she was. It was bound to make anyone feel as if they'd failed massively. 

I tried to reassure him now and again, but that man was more stubborn than imaginable. For the time being, he'd been added as an extra to mine. I think he needed the distraction, and I was more than happy to have him back with me.

I hadn't left Lily's apartment since she'd gone. Partly because I had to stay for Lucy, but also because I felt closer to Lily in her apartment. Everything reminded me of her here. 

But today was going to be the first day of me leaving the apartment. Everything was still up in ruins with the guy, so today we were going to have a meeting with the newly elected manager. It was going to be one awkward meeting, I think all of us were aware of that. But it needed to be done. As long as I was sat away from JJ, I was sure I would manage. 

I text my security, letting him know I was getting ready to leave. Lucy was playing on the floor with the toys Josh and Freya had bought for us when we rescued her, and she seemed to be having a good time. Crouching down, I picked her up gently. 

"I know, I know," I coaxed, rubbing her ears. "I've interrupted your playtime, I'm sorry," I whispered, pressing a kiss firmly on her head. "That's from me and Lily. She misses you, I'm sure," I continue, swaying with her in my arms for a few more seconds before putting her back down again. 

I didn't need to take anything with me except for myself, so I grabbed my phone, putting it in my pocket before heading towards the door. Damo was waiting out in the corridor outside of my door. 

"Morning," he said, as cheerfully as he could muster, which was surprising for him because he normally didn't even bother to smile.

"Good morning," I replied, walking just in front of him as I pressed for the lift. "Any news today?" I asked, something I did every morning. You'd be surprised at how much gossip the security guards overheard whilst doing their jobs. 

"Nothing new. You know I'd tell ya if I heard," he said lightly, escorting me into the lift. 

We spent the ride in silence, and when the doors opened again on ground floor, Kev was there waiting. Damo took this as the sign to head off to the car, which he would be driving, and Kev and I walked beside each other through the lobby. 

"Have you heard anything from her today?" Kev asked, and the look of concern on his face was awful. I hated seeing him torn up about this. It made it even worse.