Matilda

Going to start calling these chapters the songs I use to write them to...this being said, have fun with this chapter ...

This one is for my jealous and protective Harry and Simon stans 🥰

also slight trigger warning for mental health ?? panic attack / anxiety / depression idk there's a whole BUNDLE and a lot of unpacking in here so have fun ,,,

APRIL 12TH, 2022

Today was the first day I would be seeing JJ after Simon's phone call. It would also be the last day I'd see him before having to go with him on tour for the next three months. He didn't know I knew, which somehow made it worse. And Harry also didn't know.

At first I'd planned not to even tell him, but as the days passed by I soon realised Simon was right. He needed to know. He especially needed to hear it from me. I just didn't want him to do anything stupid or reckless. Because that would be all my fault.

We were sat in the car when I contemplated bringing it up. He was sat in the drivers seat, plugging in his seatbelt when I plucked up the courage to even utter the words.

"I have something to tell you," I managed, somehow managing to sound even more serious than I'd intended. He knew me better than anyone else, and instantly he picked up on the fact that something was wrong. I knew he would.

"What's happened?" He asked, cocking his head ever so slightly so that his general position was facing me, but his eyes still trained on the road as he reversed out of his parking spot.

"You need to promise me to do nothing stupid when I tell you," I continue, and this time the car stalls and he completely looks my direction.

"Would it be sensible for me to be driving when you tell me this?" He asks, and the direct eye contact makes my cheeks heat up. I still get flustered when he looks at me like that.

"It will be if you promise to not flip out," I repeat myself, not wanting us to be late for the shoot, which starts in about twenty minutes.

"Fine," he says, starting to drive again, this time finally pulling out of my apartment complex. "So what is it, then?"

20 MINUTES LATER.
LOCATION: SIDEMEN STUDIO, LDN.

"Where the hell is the son of a bitch?!" Harry yelled, and I was pretty sure everyone in the building had heard him.

At first, I thought he'd taken it pretty well. After I'd explained everything - which, by itself, took a while, he'd just said 'okay' and then moved on to a different conversation.

Even when we'd arrived here, we walked up to the building hand in hand, Kev and the rest following behind. We'd gotten inside, he'd told me he was going to grab a cup of coffee from the kitchen whilst I headed straight to the studio, and that was when I heard him.

"Oh, shit," I said under my breath, looking at Kev with a panicked glance, who looked back at me, equally as worried. He didn't move, however, and I was close to yelling at him, telling him to go after Harry when I remembered he was my security now.

"Security will sort it out, whatever's going on," Kev reassured me, motioning a hand for me to follow him, but I took a quick guilty glance at him before practically shooting down the hallway, in the same direction Harry had gone.

I heard them before I saw them. And what I heard was awful. I heard a great big smack, followed shortly by another sound that sounded nasty.

"Kev! Security," I yelled, running towards the big commotion through the doors. When I went in there, I was pulled back by a great force. Simon had caught hold of my wrist, yanking me back harshly, away from the two men who were now in a physical fight.