Chapter 10

Two nights before the Christmas holiday was supposed to end there was a full moon, so Harry and Millie went back to Hogwarts early. Harry was eager to test out his invisibility cloak, so he did some exploring that night. He found himself in a familiar nook in the castle where he hid from Millie on several occasions when he wanted to get away from practically his sister. But something new was here this time-A mirror. Harry took off the cloak and looked closer at the mirror. He saw himself, but he was not the only one there. On his left he saw Remus and Sirius behind them. Millie stood in front of them at his side along with Ron, Hermione, and Neville on either side of him. But there were two adults to Harry's right that he didn't recognize at first. But the he realized as he looked at the tall man with the messy hair and glasses, and the woman with firey red hair and green eyes that these people were the same people in the photo album back home: his parents. Harry stared at the mirror for several long minutes before he went back to Aunt Minerva's office.

Aunt Minerva wasn't there. Good- he wanted to show Millie alone. "Millie follow me, you'll never believe what I just saw!" he exclaimed. "We'll what is it, Harry?" Millie asked. "I have to show you!" Harry replied. Millie followed him through the narrow back passages on the 5th floor to a room tucked away from plain sight. "Millie, look in the mirror!" Harry exclaimed. "It's just a mirror Harry. It's a cool mirror but-" Millies stopped. In the mirror her reflection disappeared and in it's place was a small red fox with her eyes. Next to her was a big black dog that looked exactly like Sirius's animagus form. "Harry, look! I'm going to be an animagus, just like Paddy!" She exclaimed.

Harry looked in the mirror, but only saw exactly what he had seen before. "I don't see that. I see our family and my friends and my parents." he said. "That's strange. Why do we see different things?" Millie wondered. Harry looked at his watch. "Millie, we better go back before Aunt Minerva starts to worry." He said.

They returned to Aunt Minerva's office just before she did. "What have you to been up to while I was helping Professor Dumbledore? I'm sorry I was gone so long. I do hope you were able to entertain yourselves." Minerva asked. "Harry found a weird mirror" Millie admitted.
"Do tell," Minerva prompted. "I found it in a corridor tucked away on this floor. But when each of us looked in it, we saw something completely different." Harry explained. "Ah, that's an experiment of Dumbledore's. I can't say as he has shared much with me about it, only that it shows you your heart's deepest desire." Minerva explained.

The children were in Aw. "Wow" Millie said, and Harry said "Awesome," at the same time. "Now you two had better settle in for the night."
***
A week later, Harry and Hermione were studying in the common room after Harry's quidditch practice when Ron and Neville came running in. "We just got back from the library, and you'll never believe what happened!" Neville exclaimed. Ron chimed in "We heard Snape and Quirell arguing from Quirell's classroom!" Neville said "Quirell was stuttering on about something he was afraid of and Snape said 'I don't know why you want it, but I know you are after it. Stay away from the trap door or I'll kill you myself.'"

"What could Quirell possibly want from that Snape is so bent out of shape about?" Harry asked.
Hermione spoke next "I wonder if it's what that three headed dog was hiding. Whatever it is, it must be mighty important."
"Or maybe he just wants to steal something from Snape. I can see why, he's probably the meanest person at this school!" Ron ventured.
***
"Man, Snape is the worst." Ron complained to Harry. "I can't believe he put us in detention for being late to potions!" "Well, we overslept," Harry said. "Still that's a load of crap." Ron said.