Chapter 3

September 1 1991
Harry's PoV

The day when Harry would go to Hogwarts finally arrived. Harry didn't quite understand why Sirius was crying that morning, but Remus made breakfast like any morning, they ate together and Harry packed the rest of his things. Harry's friend from Hogwarts, Hagrid, had sent Harry a snowy owl for his birthday, which he had named Hedwig.

Harry, Remus, Sirius, and Millie all headed to the train station. They meet the Grangers, Weasleys and Longbottoms there. Harry said good bye to his family and got on the train with his friends.

They all sat in a compartment together. They all talked about how excited to be going to school together. When the trolley witch came through the corridors of the train, they bought a boatload of candy together.

*****
When they arrived at Hogwarts they saw Hagrid, calling the first years to lead them across the lake. Upon arrival at Hogwarts, they were greeted by Professor McGonagall, or in Harry's case, Aunt Minerva.
She announced " First years follow me. You will be taken to the Great Hall, where you will be sorted into your houses. Once sorted, you will sit down at your new house table. Your house will be like your family during your time at Hogwarts. Do good deeds or succeed in your classes and you will earn points for your house. Misbehave and you will lose points. Follow me now." Minerva opened the door to reveal the great hall. Many students were awed, but Harry had seen it before, but it really was a magnificent sight.
"I just know we will be sorted in Gryffindor." Harry whispered to Ron.

Minerva held up to sorting hat, which did a bit of a song for the crowd, and then the ceremony began. "Hannah Abott" she called "HUFFLEPUFF" he hat yelled. "Susan Bones" "HUFFLEPUFF" and so on and so forth until McGonagall called "Hermione Granger". The hat sat on her head thinking for several minutes until it called "GRYFFINDOR". Several students, many of which were at the Gryffindor table yelled with excitement. ... "Neville Longbottom" Minerva called. Neville sat down, not quite as long as Hermione, but still several minutes, before it called "GRYFFINDOR" and more cheering followed. ... "Draco Malfoy" Minerva called. Harry was listening for this one. Harry knew Malfoy's father to be a very close follower of the man who killed his parents. "SLYTHERIN" the hat said almost as soon as it touched his head. Harry spaced out with loathing of this boy until he hear his Aunt call "Harry Potter".

Harry snapped out of his trance, and with a new wave of nerves hitting him, he walked up to the stool where he hat was ready for him. "Interesting, very interesting. A thirst to prove yourself, but plenty of courage, a thirst for knowledge. Where to but you indeed?" The hat wondered. "Gryffindor" Harry thought "not Slytherin" "Not Slytherin hey, well better be... GRYFFINDOR" the hat Called. Cheers erupted as Harry strided over to the Gryffindor table.
Near the end McGonagall finally called "Ronald Weasley" and the hat quickly yelled "GRYFFINDOR".
"We did it. We are at Hogwarts!" Harry and his friends excitedly cheered.