Chapter one

July 1991
Harry's PoV

"Uncle Remus, Uncle Sirius, could I talk to you?" Harry asked.
"About what" Remus asked.
"Well, I've been wondering lately a lot about my parents." Harry said "I know we've talked about them before but..." he trailed off.
"Of  course you can ask questions about your parents Harry." Sirius answered.
"You don't have you o feel bad about wanting to know about your parents. " Remus added.

"Ok.." Harry said "what were they like at Hogwarts?"

Sirius started "Your dad was an absolute git. But he was the most amazing thing that happened to our lives. He made a bunch of misfit kids together and really made us feel like we belonged. He was the ring leader of our little gang. The Marauders, as we called ourselves."
Remus continued "James was always one for pranks, started almost all of our schemes. I think the only idea that wasn't his was the animagus idea."

"And my mum?" Harry asked and Remus and Sirius snapped out of their reminiscing about James. Remus spoke now "Lily was by far the brightest witch in our year. She was one of my best friends. Absolute rock after my transformations and my coming out. She was one of the kindest souls I've ever meet."

Sirius took over " Remus stop getting all mushy gushy, Remus. Your mum was an absolute bad ass, Harry. She stuck up to anybody who gave her any kind of crap for being muggle born. She stood up for her own beliefs and for a while, she even stood up to your dad before he figured out how to treat her like a lady."

"Thanks guys, this means a lot to me" Harry said.