Chapter 7

The following Friday, around 11:15 at night, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville sat in the common room, debating whether or not Harry was going to the dual. "Get off it, Hermione, do u recon how cool this is going to be. Harry can finally give Draco a piece of what he deserves." Ron said. "Yes, but Draco will be armed too, and Draco's father may have taught him bits of dark magic, that could get Harry seriously hurt." Hermione countered. Neville piped in "Please Harry, I don't want to see anything happen to you. Plus if you get caught, you'll get Gryffindor into trouble." "But Harry's got a thing or two up his sleeve from Sirius that are likely to shut Malfoy up." Ron added.

"I'm going" Harry said.
"What?!?" Hermione and Neville said.
"Yes!" Ron exclaimed as he pumped his fist.
Harry answered, " I know it will be dangerous but, this will gives us a chance to see what Draco actually knows. Plus Ron's right- Uncle Sirius has taught me quite a few good, but mostly harmless hexes."

"Who's coming with me?" Harry asked.
"Ooh me!" Ron said. " I'll be your 2nd"
"I'm coming too." Hermione said. "You'll need brains, not just brawn. Plus Harry has a point that we should see what Draco is really capable of."
"I'm staying out of it. I'm sorry Harry, but I don't want any trouble." Neville said. With that he went up to the dorm.

Harry, Ron and Hermione all quickly tucked under the cloak and snuck away. Just before they entered the trophy room, they removed the cloak. They arrived at 11:56, according to Harry's watch.
11:57...
11:58....
11:59...
12:00...

12:01...
12:02...
12:05...

12:10
Malfoy didn't show. The trio realized, it was a trick to get them in trouble. So they started heading back to Gryffindor tower. But, as they climbed one of the many staircases, it shifted.
The trio were about to turn back around to find a new way to the common room, when the heard footsteps.
It was Mrs Norris, the caretaker, Filch,'s cat. That usually meant the nasty, child-hating Filch was close behind. Panicking, the trio ran into the corridor door behind them and hid. As they went deeper down the hall, they came to a locked door. They heard Filch coming, so Hermione quickly whispered the incantation "Alohamora" and the door unlocked, for the trio slipped inside.
A few minutes passed before they heard Filch's footsteps go away. And as their panic wore off the realized they were in a room with a Giant 3 headed dog.

"Hermione," Ron asked in a whisper, panic evident in his voice, "What floor are we on?"
"The 3rd" Hermione replied.
"I was afraid you'd say that." Ron said.
Just then the dog woke up.
The trio ran, doing everything they could not to scream. The trip back to the common room was a panicked blur.
"What the bloody hell are they doing keeping that bloody thing in the castle?!" Ron exclaimed when they got back to the common room.
Harry was in shock.
"Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione said.
"No, Hermione, I was focused on its 3 heads, not it's bloody feet." Ron retorted.
"It was standing on a trap door. Which means that it was guarding something." Hermione explained.
"But what...". Harry asked.
"That's a project I'll have to research. But for now, I'm going to bed before either of you comes up with another clever idea to get us killed or worse, expelled." Hermione said. Then she turned to go to the girls dorms.
Ron leaned over and mutter to Harry "She needs to sort out her priorities."

With a laugh, Harry and Ron went to their dorm.