Chapter 6

"Welcome to your first flying lesson" Madame Hooch said. "Listen carefully and do exactly as I say- it is for your own safety. Now everyone place your hand over your broomsticks and firmly say 'up'".

The entire Quidditch Pitch was filled with the sound of First years saying "up". The Broom worked for Harry right off the bat, but then again, Sirius had taught him to fly years ago and they played one in one quidditch all the time. Sirius said he had a natural knack for flying.

"Now I want you to mount your broomsticks, kick off, hoover slightly and use your weight to touch back down. On my whistle" Madame Hooch instructed. 3...2...1. The whistle sounded, most everyone, including Harry did just what Madame Hooch said, but Neville had lost control off his broomstick. He shot up in the air and flew every which direction. His broom jerked beneath him, and suddenly he was falling. And then his robe was caught on a statue, and his broom got away from him. Then he landed on the ground with a thud.

The students heard painful moans as Madame Hooch rushed to Neville's aid. "A Broken wrist" she said "Everyone stay on the ground while a take him to the Hospital wing." With that they left.
Malfoy was up to his old tricks. A remembrall has fallen out of Neville's pocket, and Malfoy has picked it up. "I think I'll leave it somewhere for the fat ass to find." Malfoy said, as he kicked off on his broomstick. Harry flew after Malfoy, chasing him this way and that until, Malfoy said snarkily, "if you want it so bad than take it." And threw the rememberall into the air for Harry to catch. Harry wizzed toward it and caught the little ball with ease. As he approached the ground the other students cheered as he landed with ease, and triumphantly carried the ball with him.

McGonagall was then out on the field. "You're gonna get it now." Harry heard on of the Slytherin say. "Potter come with me." McGonagall said.

"Aunt Minerva, I'm sorry, I know I wasn't supposed too, but Malfoy took the-" Harry tried to explain. "That was bloody brilliant!" McGonagall said " I know it's not traditional for first years to try out for the Quidditch team but I think when Professor Dumbledore sees this he'll make an exception. I would like to get permission from Remus and Sirius first, but I think you would be great on the team."
"Really!" Harry exclaimed.
*****
That evening in the great Hall, after they had finished dinner, Harry, Ron and Hermione left for the Gryffindor common room, but they were stopped by Malfoy and his goons. "Precious Potter thinks he's so special. Tell me Potter have you ever been in a Duel before?" Malfoy taunted. "No..." Harry answered.
"Well you've been officially challenged to your first. Friday night, midnight, the trophy room"