Chapter 9. - Pack Thing

I hope you've been able to understand what's happening along the way, a little reminder: italics in Brett's POV are things that happened in the past. Memories, his first moments with Danielle. If you have any sort of doubt or question, feel free to ask.

Brett's POV

This is the time when I should be happy, being able to take her to the pack house was already a whole victory for me. But I was rather nervous, an unusual feeling for me.

I could tell she was comfortable, quiet in the passenger's seat, humming to the song coming from my car's radio. 

Suddenly, a small hand was placed over my own that was over the handbrake. When our hands touched, I was shocked, but not emotionally, like actually shocked. Real electricity just hit my hand when she placed hers on it. She wasn't fazed by it, or at least, she was a very good actress at hiding things.

"Are you okay, Brett?" She asked, then took her hand off mine.

"Yeah, why?" I still can't believe all this is actually happening. How did I get so lucky that she said yes? Was she pitting me? Or did she actually want to come?

"You seem stiff, a bit nervous..." She trailed off after tugging a little strand of her blonde hair behind her ear, which I wish I could run my hands through and caress those soft locks.

"Actually, having a pretty girl inside my car might or not, make me nervous..." I swear that I heard her giggle. 

"You think I'm pretty, Brett?" My name came out of her lips like music, her cheeks turned a rosy colour, and she wasn't able to look me in the eye out of embarrassment.

"Umm," I lost track of the road to take a glance at her, and when I turned my head to make a quick check, I noticed that we had arrived. "Look, we're here." Her head shot up in less than a second, and her eyes lighted up more than a Christmas tree, that sight couldn't bring me more joy.

"Let's go, I'll introduce you to the rest of the pack," I said before getting out of the car and helping her just like a gentleman would do.

We were now a few feet away from my car; my pack had this thing in which we left our cars at least ten feet away from the pack house. No reason, to be exact. You get used to it with time.

After I rang the bell, somebody answered the door. Demarco, a man between his mid-twenties and mid-thirties. He spent most of his time working, he really wasn't here most of his time, maybe he just came here to sleep. "Well, who's this Brett? A new girlfriend of yours?" Demarco asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I think that this time Danielle wasn't the only one blushing. But, this time I think that my cheeks looked like two tomatoes. If I was nervous before, I may be having a panic attack right now,

"What? No...Demarco this is Danielle. Danielle meet Demarco, fellow pack member and she is a friend from school." I introduced them as they shook hands. 

"Well, as much as I would love to stay, I have some work to do. See ya' later kids," Demarco dismissed himself before walking past us and started walking in the direction of his truck.

"Come in please," I gestured inside as I held the door open, allowing her to enter the pack house. I entered second.

She stayed quiet until I asked, "Would you like to look around? I'll be there in a sec." She responded a little 'sure' and made her way through the house corridor. I took off my lacrosse jacket -our whole team has it - and placed it on the hanger near the door. Hoping that Danielle was doing okay, I walked out from the living room, across the playroom past the kitchen, climbed the huge pair of stairs, and finally arrived at the floor in which my room was on.