Chapter 31. - Lost Mate

Brett engaged in the fight, didn't listen to his mate's cries, who was being held back by her brothers despite her complaints.

"Let me go! I need to go help him!" Her eyes were still glowing as she growled, Danielle could feel her mate's pain as he got hit repeatedly.

Axel let out a pained breath as Danielle jabbed him with her elbow. His twin pleaded with his eyes to the rest of the group, mostly to the supernaturals to lend them a hand, their sister was not backing down.

Stiles, though human, stood before the girl, "Dani, you need to call down... Brett will be okay, Scott will help-" he got cut off with Danielle's cries.

"NOO!" Tears rolled down her face, as felt the punch before it happened, Brett was canny, but Peter was playing dirty.

He had taken a wooden stick from the floor, gripped it tightly between his hands, and when Brett got distracted, he plunged it into the werewolf's stomach. It pierced him, its point penetrating his lower back muscles.

Peter then grabbed the hurt wolf and threw him in the same direction he had Scott, who was dusting his body but was knocked down by the flying werewolf, him being the air mattress and taking the hit.

Stiles looked between the hurt wolf and back to his mate, who was fighting more than ever, outrageous. Stiles face softened, the boy just defended the love of his life, sacrificed himself for love. But his impulsive actions had not let him think clearly, he was fighting out of instinct; but when you're fighting against a monster, aimless punches can cost you your life.

Danielle looked at the ceiling, yelled on top of her lungs, startling her brothers and Stiles. At that moment she brought her arms to her chest, when she pushed them open, she knocked her brothers back a few metres, she let out a battle cry which turned into a howl. In a fleeting second her wolf took over, Stiles barely blinked when it all happened.

The wolf, desperate for her mate, didn't worry about Peter, who spotted his next victim, Liam. Passed right by him, who moved out of the way of the wolf's jaws and for that second he thought he saw his life flash right before his eyes.

She stopped dead in her tracks, "You know what? Just a little bite..." she thought and turned around.

The deer's eyes opened. Elle let out a howl, alerting all nearing wolves, announcing that that day, was the last of the monster's life.

She lunged, jumped in the air, jaws open and roared with all her might. The two bodies clashed, fell to the ground and rolled, just like before, when she had gone rogue, she saw red, she wanted to end with her prey's life, who could only dodge or block her attacks.

He was having a taste of the power of a protective mate.

She was about to take a chunk from his arm when she heard the hurt voice of her partner yell out in pain.

Her face softened, she lifted her head from Peter, who was beneath her, to her mate who was having to stake taken out by Scott.

The True Alpha had to admit that Brett had been reckless, but in the end, he'd protect Danielle just as much as he'd any other member of his pack.

Peter used that moment to his advantage and threw a punch to Danielle's nuzzle. After a howl, she bit Peters leg, who wailed; which only made her clasp her jaws tighter around it.

Content with her actions, she ran towards her mate who was being aided by her brothers. They didn't know what to do; they just waited for Brett to heal himself.

Danielle approached the trio, Scott run passed her, ready to take down Peter.

She shifter faster than a lightning bolt and her body dropped next to Brett's.