Chapter 14. - Hospitals Are Not Keen On Supernaturals.

Danielle's P.O.V

I took it out of my jeans back pocket and turned it over to see who was calling. When I did and saw who the caller was...

Dumber #1

A.k.a Alex.

I took a deep breath; it was just my brother, not any psycho killer; nothing to worry about folks! 

"Hey..." I said as soon as I hit the green button and placed the phone against my ear; shaky breaths came from the other side of the line. "Alec, is everything alright?" I asked preoccupied, getting a little agitated by the lack of response. Voices or most likely murmurs were exchanged on the other side; two people were debating about something, something I couldn't make out. 

The phone must have been moving in the last few seconds as all I received was that sound that doesn't let you hear a thing. Still, no one talked, and my nerves were eating me out.  

After a few seconds, another voice spoke; it was almost the same as the one that previously expressed, but this one was slightly a little bit deeper.

"Dani? You still there?" That's Dumber #2 also known Axel. 

"Yeah... What's wrong? Why weren't you home last night?" I asked nervously.

"That doesn't matter now. Something's wrong..." he trailed off, avoiding my question and not giving me the name of the person whose life was in danger. Little did I know that once he said it, my world would break down.

"With- with... mum." He finished, and I managed to hear a sob slipping through the other line, masking with the gasp that escaped my mouth.

NO, not her. No, no, no NO!

I broke down in sobs, and hugged myself, to have the cell phone taken from my hands. I'm glad he did because I know that I wouldn't have been able to keep on talking because of what happened. 

"It's me, Brett, what happened?" I heard, but I couldn't concentrate much as I could only think about the worst.

Right now I felt like I was experiencing a panic attack. The air would not dare go into my lungs, my vision became blurry, and Brett's silhouette disappeared from my sight and became one tiny spot of all that was surrounding me.

Why my mum out of all people, in the wrong timing, had to get hurt? Something brought me back from my critical state in a snap of fingers. Even though he didn't do that. But his touch made me forget all my worries like nothing had happened. 

"Come, Elle, she's alright. I'll drive you to the hospital" Brett cooed, as he lifted me up and almost had to drag me to his car as my legs felt like jelly and were about to buckle underneath me. I can't think of anything else than my mother.

His words were reassuring, however, call me sceptical but her state will be determined when I see her myself.

▼▲▼▲

I came running through the hospital doors like a kid that runs after the ice-cream van, Brett trailing behind me; trying to keep up with my abnormal pace. My heart was about to break free from my rib cage, and I am glad that my ribs were doing their job keeping everything in place. 

Everything seemed to go in slow motion, every breath I took echoed in my head, my surroundings appeared to move slower than they do; like the nurses running around, the paramedics rushing outside the building and doctors walking around. I was sure that on the real-time speed some of them were running, but to me, they appeared to be walking fast. Now I felt like I had all the time in the world to do anything, yet I was not doing much.