Chapter 16. - Secrets

Danielle's POV

I would have never thought that these pack's plan was to induce a sort of coma to Scott, making everyone believe that he is dead. Also, they took the risk of racing against time!

Anyone would think that they were desperate to lure the benefactor in, but as I see things, the plan was quite good, if the real benefactor had come.

I don't hear any sound coming from upstairs, so I assume that my mum is still asleep and that nothing is happening on that floor as well on the above. I hope that she wakes up, but I shouldn't say this, but also there's a part of that hopes that she has some transient global amnesia. For those that don't know what that is, it's a sudden temporary episode of memory loss. People forget recent events for a short period. Doctors say that patients that have that get their memories back round to the 24 hours of the incident if not more. That way, I could at least have time to explain, before she burst out questions she doesn't have the answer to.  

I know I should be more than grateful that my mum is safe and sound, but that gash in the middle of her stomach doesn't appear like a thing some human would do. Is it selfish from me that I want her to be kept away from the truth? From the world, her daughter and her ex-husband live or lived in? 

But at the same time, there's a part of me that wants her to know the truth. It would mean no more hiding, secrets, maybe she could understand me more and I is her. The things are that I can't predict her reaction, for all I know she could turn out angry or even furious.  You see, what would you do if the person that you loved your whole life and your daughter shared a secret with you their entire life? I know I'd be upset, but seeing as Melissa was able to accept Scott, I have a little hope that my mum will do the same someday. I'll have to hold on to that for now. 

A sudden wave of anger hit me, my senses heightened by the action, meaning that Brett was furious for some reason. But as soon as the sensation came, it went away. How strange. Having been with Brett for some time, I've learned that he takes his time to calm down, unless he is with me when his anger doesn't even bother him.

I wonder where he is right now. I feel bad for pushing him away, I know what that feels like, but I needed to focus on my mum. She's my main priority now, and I hope he understands that, mate or not. 

Everyone that remained inside the building was gathered inside a room where the corpses were disposed inside large metal coffins, and I thought that a morgue was scary!

This place is quiet, cold; it made a chill run down my spine and the hairs on the back of my head stand up.

Supposedly, while I was out, Liam and Kira had to fight some berserkers on the top roof, they didn't come unharmed, but at least they returned in one piece.

Chris bumped into Kate Argent on his way back to his room, but after a few punches and a little bit of persuasion made her leave the hospital along the berserkers.

I wasn't planning on telling them that Kate stopped by when I was with my mum and our conversation, that was something that I would figure out on my own.

Luckily no other assassin came here, or that is what we think.

Kira was about to do her mojo jumbo and bring Scott back to life, but as much as I wanted to stay, I knew that there were more important things that I needed to do. Firstly, my brothers haven't brought me clothes, if I'm planning on staying here till my mums come round, those are crucial. I don't want to be stinking, I would shower eventually, but the clothes... Yuck! You get what I mean.

"Um, guys? I'll be heading home if something else happens to call or text." I said grabbing the door handle in my left hand.

"Leaving so soon Danielle? You okay?" Argent asked concerned.