Chapter 29.- The Fight of the Mates

Double update! I bet you didn't see that one coming! Enjoy!

Brett arrived and watched the scene before him. Quickly analysing which group could benefit more from his help, he decided to go with Danielle's brothers. Bringing his claws out, he aimed for the berserker's stomach, as it was the part that wasn't shielded with bone.

The twins switched guns as their previous ones had run out of ammo, but that gave the advantage point to the berserker to punch Brett in the chest and knock him back. His back made contact with the hard surface of the floor, but didn't give him much time to respond to the blows the beast was thouwing his way. He blocked most of them, but unfortunatelly some sharp object made contact with his side which made him scream out in pain.

He had been stabbed.

"No!" A female voice yelled, which made everyone turn their head. And there she was, Danielle. The girl everyone was looking for.

She's alive, Brett let out abreath in relief once her saw that his mae was safe and sound. She was barefoot, her clothes a little dirty and her hair looked dishevled, something so not like her. Her golden locks looked like they had been turned into tiny dreadlock, giving her a badass look. Her eyes are what he was yearning of seeing. The crystal blues that lured him in the first day they met; the ones that change to a potent red when she shifts. But they weren't as bibrant anymore, they appeared darker, but that could be due to the lack of lighting entering the temple from the outside.

She let out a low growl, and charged in the direction where his mate was being held against the floor. This little moment had made his forget about the wound on his side and he let out another cry when the berserker twisted the weapon in his hand, which was still making contact with Brett's body.

"His mine!" She barked, seconds later her body was replaced with her wolf's, who charged with full speed. She was snarling and snapping it's jaws as she nearned them, leaving her brother's impressed with their little sisters tricks. They wanted to be a werewolf themselves now. Could that be possible?

Her voice was possesive, but what putt Brett of was that althought possesive, it wasn't loving, her protective yell had sounded like and order.

The berserker stood, ripping the sharped bone from Brett's body and pointed it towards the white ball of fur that was coming for him.

The wolf jumped in the air with it's jaws open, ready to take a bite from her prey. The twins interlocked glances as the thought a way to help their sister. Bingo! Alex thought, "Copy me!" He ordered his twin as he stated shooting bullets at the berserkers feet.

Axel took out his own weapon and copied his brother's actions and fired. They had managed to bring the beast to his knees, just it time as the wolf collided with it.

The two beasts rolled on the floor, the berserker tried getting Danielle off of him, but the she.wolf had a tight grip on him and she was not planning on letting go. The monster's growls incremented, earning Danielle's, which were louder and resounded all over the temples' walls.

The berserker was throwing weak punches, all his blows missed their target, whereas Danielle's were leaving serious wounds over his body.

Once he had seen that that matter was being taken cared of, Axel went and helped Brett to stand up. "You okey?" Brett nodded in response, but still kept his arm around Danielle's brother for support as the wound started to heal itself.

"She does things like this?" Axel asked intrigued, "All the time," Brett answered. The past year has been a havoc filled with fights.

The girl managed to clasp her wolf's jaws around the man's neck and squeezed until sje felt the liquid oozing into her mouth. Her wolf shook her head, ripping the man's throat open, which killed him instantly.