Epilogue

Several months later...

I can't believe he died.

It pains me to say it aloud, my voice cracks each time I do.

Despite my cries for help, nobody could fix the problem. They told me that it was a dead-end, but I wouldn't back down. I wanted to persevere and do something. Nothing worked.

I broke down into tears, bawled my eyes out; my brothers had to rip me away from him, but I didn't separate my body from him without a fight.

His light had disappeared, diminished until it was gone.

I killed him, the more I tried to get him back to normal, the quicker he slipped from my grasp.

It was all my fault.

"What are you thinking about?" Two arms encircled my waist as a head placed itself over the crook of my neck. The person took a deep breath, and I felt the arms tightening protectively.

I sighed, "You know how things changed since that day... I've not been the same," and looked down with a heavy heart.

He chuckled, "Danielle, you broke your phone! It's not the end of the world!" Brett said with disbelief.

My mouth was agape, "C'mon, he was so young, he had so much to live..." He turned me around and grabbed the sides of my face as he shook his head.

"You can be so dramatic at times; it's not like it was me the one who died." He joked, pushing me playfully. But... he did almost die; my whole demeanour changed. That day is something I do not enjoy making fun of, even recalling it doesn't please me. The day I almost lost him.

Noticing my change in mood, he hugged me tight and apologised, "I'm sorry."

I locked my arms around his waist and dug my face into his chest. "It's fine. I don't think that you dying is something funny, that's all." I closed my eyes remembering; for a moment after Derek had told me this unconventional method, Brett's body didn't react. It had gone into a deep slumber, and I had thought that he was gone, as well as my wolf. And I couldn't endure another loss.

That's another thing that made the situation even worse. To be able to save Brett, I had to sacrifice my wolf, to be able to heal all of his wounds. My sacrifice had been in vain. However, Brett came round rightly after I had cried my eyes out.

That's why my eyes had changed to blue and not gold. The whole pack found the subject abstruse; they couldn't quite understand how that could imply the drastic change in colour. All but Derek, someone that now I call a friend, who recently had evolved into a wolf himself.

We got close over time, me teaching him how to properly shift and answer all his questions to the best of my knowledge, even if I wasn't able to turn anymore.

People were running around us; the whole atmosphere made me feel at home, the summer breeze embraced us, and all I can remember is how good it felt to run through these woods in my wolf form.

"Also, you don't even need it anymore; we mind link each other. And now you can do that with your brothers, too." Brett stated.

"Don't remind me. Those goofballs have found another way to annoy me every day." You may be questioning yourself, huh? Mindlink her brothers? For all I know, they weren't werewolves. Well, some things have changed over the past few months.

Backtracking a little bit, after we were sure that Brett was okay, the whole scooby-doo gang made its way back home. My brothers helped me place Brett inside their car, him not being stable enough to carry himself, and we made our way back to Beacon Hills, after saying our respected farewells.