Chapter 10. - What's This? 21 Questions?

I know I keep on going back and forth between present and the past, but I've got some things that you need to know about their relationship -or that's what I think- and things that happened in the past previous the show events.

If you have any concerns, suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments.

Danielle's POV

This was difficult. I don't know what's happening to my body. I let out whimpers now and then and my ribs and stomach were hurting from all the force implied by myself when I feel the waves of pain, and I try to distract my mind from them.

The pain has increased a lot since the vault. But most importantly, we were able to get out of that place.

I don't know how, as I seemed to have blacked out for some time, but when I woke up, everyone was back to normal. Well, except me.

The claws retracted, but a headache or whatever source of pain was coursing inside of my system didn't subside. My eyes are still red; I think I was scared of my reflection once we reached a bathroom. The girl in front of me, I didn't recognise her. She was pale, (not that my complexion wasn't already, but not as much at the moment) a look into her eyes made you want to kill yourself. Her eyes lured you in your worst nightmares; it was dreadful. But worst of all, she looked lost. Like a child being thrown into a man's world without any instructions.

And that is precisely what happened to me. I didn't ask for this lifestyle. Nobody does, but we cope with it. My dad left me with a lot of doubts; I hadn't earned enough, there is always time for something new. This stage of m life in which I wished my dad was with me even for just a moment, makes me realise that life isn't as easy as we think. It's a struggle. And I'm struggling among others to keep ourselves alive.

Back to my situation, not only did we get out of our public high school, but also, I ended up being dragged to Stiles' house by him and Scott. Well, not dragged, I wasn't kidnapped, but they suggested to go to a safer place so they could solve my problem, which we aren't very certain of.

"So, what's happening to me exactly?" I asked while slightly rubbing my temples, trying to calm my upcoming migraine.

"We don't know, but Stiles is trying his best with his computer," Scott answered, entering his friends' room.

You know that feeling you get when something is wrong with you? So you decide to search on the net, instead of going to the doctor and get yourself checked? And after you end up with some idea that you have a deadly sickness? Well, I'm afraid Stiles will end up with something similar. Or maybe not, I'm paranoid.

Scott handed me the glass of water that I requested earlier. I offered to get it myself, but the true alpha denied and said that he was going to get it for me. A lovely gesture, may I say. "Thank you," I muttered.

"You're welcome," Scott replied. I took a few sips of water, they were small, but it refreshed me.

"Can I ask you a question, guys?" They replied with a little 'yeah'; Stiles shut his laptop and Scott took a seat in the nearest chair looking forward.

"How do you do this?" I questioned, "I mean, how do you keep yourselves alive?"

"Not all of us has made it out alive..." Scott admitted, a pained expression hidden inside of him. So this isn't something new, this goes way back. I haven't been here long enough with this pack. But indeed they have gone through way more things in a day, than what I've gone through in a month, or even a year.

"You loved her, didn't you?" I blurted out, both of them looked at me with a shocked look.

"How did you know?" Stiles asked with curiosity. "I'm not blind Stiles and Scott; I'm sorry for your loss," I said.