Chapter 27.- On A Mission

This story is coming to an end, there are only a few chapters left, and I want to thank everyone for their support!

I love you guys to infinity and beyond!!

Brett's POV

What am I supposed to do? I don't know where Danielle is! For all I know, she could be across the planet, and I wouldn't be able to pinpoint her precise location. She isn't responding to the link either. This whole situation is stressing me out.

She must be asleep or even unconscious. I'd rather it not be the latter. It feels like it had completely shut down. I felt empty.

Our wolves are what allows us to communicate with each other, without them we are as good as a pair of humans. Could something have happened to her?

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I can't help myself. I'll always worry while I'm in Beacon Hills. The matter with the assassins was crazy but also nerve-racking. I hope that that thing had ended the night at the warehouse, but it seems like it's not.

My phone starts vibrating in my pocket, I take it out and see that it's an unknown number.

"Hello?" I say into the line.

"Hey, Brett? This is Stiles..." The voice sounds unsure like he's nervous about something. I wasn't going to question how he even got my number...

"Does it matter? I'm in a hurry," I impatiently waited for his answer, but it suddenly took all my attention.

"You mean you need to know where Danielle is?"

"How" I interrogated, my voice sounded deeper all of a sudden.

"Because Scott and Kira are with her." He simply replied. What was Danielle doing with the True Alpha when she was supposed to be at home with her brothers?

"Meet me in 1 hour at this address. I'll text it to you," And then he cut the call.

But first I have to make a call of my own.

▼▲▼▲

Kira run through the caves that made up the dungeons she had been placed in, filled with bones from previous victims that had been held there, just like her. Her body was clearly tired, and this tunnels looked endless. She felt like she has been running in circles, cave after cave she was looking at the exact stone wall. Kira could barely see as the only source of light that she had was the one that managed to fit in between rocks.

That's until she came to an opening, it wasn't open air, but she could see something that wasn't only a cave. But the air in that place made her tense up, the smell of death took over the place. A sudden emotion of pain filled her body when she was caught by surprise and crushed into the nearest stone wall. She let out whimpers when the action was repeated over and over again by a beast that is covered in bones, a berserker.

Her lungs screamed at her for the lack of air, but her head hurt way more for her to worry about breathing. When her body dropped to the floor, she could finally see the true monster that had inflicted her pain.

She tried scooting away from it, too weak to stand up and fight back while doing so her eyes met his face. She let out a gasp; its face was familiar, soft chocolate brown eyes that belonged to the guy that she loves. A guy that's harmless unless he's fighting for a good cause, he had been turned into this cruel and ruthless monster... Who did this?

"Scott?" Kira couldn't believe her eyes. How was it even possible for this to happen? What sort of supernatural force or creature could have done anything like this?