Consequences

It had been another week since you first visited cafe Uzumaki, you had started to frequent there daily. Across the week, you had become acquainted with a man only a year younger than you called Atsushi and a young 14-year-old girl named Kyouka. The sun was just about setting, and you were waiting in your usual seat in the cafe waiting for them as you had prepared some small gifts for them. You had taken a liking to them as they both felt like younger siblings to you, not that you knew what siblings were like. It wasn't long until the cafe door opened, causing a faint smile to show on your face. It was Atsushi and Kyouka.

Atsushi has light grey hair, pale skin and is of average height with a slim build. He had segmental heterochromia, consisting of purple on the top half of his iris and yellow along the bottom curve of his pupil. His hair is short and swept forward in loose spikes with a lock left long on the right side of his face. Additionally, he has a prominent black streak in his hair. He's wearing a white button-up with the sleeves pushed to his elbows, a loose black tie, black pants, black fingerless gloves, suspenders, and a long black belt. He's the first to come in, with Kyoka following soon after.

Kyouka is a short girl with black hair that is tied into two low twin-tails with flower pins. And has blue eyes. She's wearing her usual red kimono with a pattern of what looks like sprouts, and its yellow datejime – a kimono belt – is neatly tied. She wears long white socks and sandals while on her arms, she appears to wear yellow and red wrist pads. Kyoka was also carrying her tiny rabbit doll, together with her cellphone attached to a necklace. "Look who's finally here," you simply state, tilting your head to the side slightly. 

"S-sorry we're late y/n!" Atsushi apologies to you as both he and Kyoka sit down. As you were already leaning your chin on your left hand, you waved your right hand in a manner that suggests you're not fazed by the lateness. Causing Atsushi to sigh in relief and you to chuckle at his reaction. "We just got back from a job, that's why we were late..." he then admits, still clearly feeling guilty for making you wait.

"Oh? And what this job be? Anything fun?"

"I'm not sure..."

"Please do tell, Atsushi?"

"Okay...it's about the burnt corpses that have been going on for the last 4 weeks..."

"I want Tofu..." Kyouka suddenly complains as her stomach growls a little. She starts to look at you and Atsushi somewhat hopefully, possibly hoping that one of you buy her some.

"Alright, alright, my treat, Atsushi want some Chazuke?" you ask him, turning your head to look at him, and he nods in response.

After you ordered the boiled Tofu for Kyouka and the chazuke for Atsushi, the conversation returns back to the job they both was previously on before getting to you.

"Back to the job you was on...any luck finding the culprit or culprits?"

"No...Ranpo said it would be someone we wouldn't expect, and the corpses are only Port Mafia men..."

"So you're expecting it to be someone from the Port Mafia then?"

"Yes, but..."

"It doesn't sit right with you, does it?" You ask him, but just as you finish your sentence, the young waitress comes with the order you made for Atsushi and Kyouka. After thanking the waitress, you remembered the whole reason you had gotten them to see you today. "Ah, before I forget..." you start to say, and they both look at you with slight curiosity. You take 2 small key rings out of the pocket of your black cardigan. In your left hand was a cute little white tiger key ring, and in your right was a cute little black bunny key ring that was wearing a sky blue dress. "Tada, I do hope you like them," you tell them as you see their faces light up. "Atsushi, I believe you said you liked cats and seeing the cute little tiger reminded me of you," You explain to him, giving the tiger keyring to him. "And Kyouka, you're always wearing that white bunny key ring on your necklace, so after finding this, I had to get this limited edition one for you," you add. As you hand her the black bunny key ring. "I won't be able to come here for a while, so before I went, I wanted to give you both something," You finally finish smiling softly at them.