Confessions

3 weeks later...

Weeks had passed, and throughout those weeks, you had either resided in your room motionless or beside Mori. You had only been at Mori's side during his meetings, many of which went sour and ended with bloodshed, which you had caused. During your obedient and emotionless state, Mori had taken the opportunity, which he thought was the optimal solution to make use of you. However, your condition was kept a secret even from the majority of the Port Mafia, especially your code words leading you to either become the unbreakable shield or a monster of destruction. Between being on standby within your room and being Mori's new guard dog, you had also been on assassination missions: to test your capabilities during your condition.

Now, however, you were on standby, sitting upright in your bed, staring straight ahead as usual. While Chuuya sat beside you hunched over, fists clenched and silent. Until he broke the silence, you both had been in for some time. "Damnit, why the hell won't you respond y/n!?" Chuuya yells at you, clearly frustrated, yet it wasn't at you...it was at himself. "Why didn't you say something back then...?" he asks you as if expecting an answer from you, one that never comes. "I-I. ...y/n please..." he whispers: as he looks up from the floor and looks at you with an almost desperate look on his face.

Until a knocking came at the door, and Chuuya quickly looked at the door and frowned. "Unless it's the Boss, fuck off," he yells.

4 years ago...

"D-Director, why are you here...!?" you hear the guard outside your training room ask. Whoever this director was, you knew they had to be of great importance for the guard to sound so worried. "Y-yes, she's currently inside and in a docile state as always," the guard quickly states, clearly flustered because of the person they're talking to. "O-of course, I'll unlock all of the doors right away!" he rushes to say, almost failing to get the words out.

Then almost as if instantly, the door opens, revealing the figure looming over you, menacingly. It was a woman: who looked to be in her late-30's, short black hair with her left eye bandaged with the other being a green that almost looked down on you and even despited your whole being. However, you couldn't say why she had that look exactly. "I advise you to look away from me with those disgusting eyes of yours, honestly if it wasn't for that gift of yours I would have thrown you away long ago!" she spits at you with a look of pure hatred. "I truly Can't comprehend why my precious m/n ever took a liking to you...but...now he's- he's gone, and all because of you!" she yells: as the familiar name rings in your ears.

"G-gone!?" you try to muster out as you struggle to stand and end up crawling towards her. "Where is m/n!?" you shout at her, which only disgusts her even further.

The mysterious woman kicks you away, yet you make no noise, and as if ignoring her hatred for you, you continue closer to her. As if closing the distance would earn you your answer, you now so desperately wanted. "My son is dead because of you, despicable demon child!" she yells, kicking you once more, yet when the words reach your ears, you finally give up...

Present time

As if ignoring what Chuuya said just moments ago, the door swings open to reveal the cheerful face at the door. "Aww, is that any way to talk to your old partner Chibi?" the voice whines as if he were a child. Chuuya's instant reaction was to abruptly stand up and slam his fist into the nearby wall. The man at your door was Dazai himself: you continued to sit motionless, staring straight ahead despite your hatred for the man. "And here I came all the way just to help your precious little y/n," he whines as he starts to pout, looking straight at you and ignoring Chuuya.

When he finishes his sentence, you dash in front of Dazai as if to protect its master from incoming threats. As if knowing what the resulting reaction would turn out to be, Dazai only stands behind you as he smiles mockingly at Chuuya. "What the hell do you think you're doing you bastard!" Chuuya yells, getting closer. However, when he does grow closer: you also increase the gravity around him as if warning him. "Damnit y/n!" he tells you, still managing to stand despite the increasing gravity.

Finally ending the death glares between the two, Dazai sighs in annoyance. Which was followed by him placing his hands onto your shoulds, which in turn nullifies your ability, allowing Chuuya to stand up straight. "The night that the abandoned shipyard was destroyed, we were there, and even after she tried to kill me...I saved her from corruption..." Dazai begins to say yet stops, noticing the expression on Chuuya's face. "Oh, did you not know?" he asks, his mocking smile only growing with his eyes dark. "You failed to help her, and here she is now a lifeless puppet," he smirks, clearly enjoying the horrified look on Chuuya's face. "Let's go Kitten," Dazai tells you, smiling as he takes your wrist, dragging you along with him. Yet Chuuya just stood there clearly taken aback by what Dazai had just said. He watched as you walked out of the room, leaving him behind. There was silence for a few moments until you could hear Chuuya's voice ring out. "You bastard, don't take her away from me!" Chuuya yells, his voice becoming quieter and quieter until just the sounds of yours and Dazai's footsteps could be heard.

It wasn't long until the both of you had stopped in your tracks only to be met with a flight of stairs that led down to where you could see a man chained up. You were both at the torture chamber, and the man you could see was m/n. "Kitten, help me get rid of him," he orders you: as you both walk down the stairs closer to the unconscious m/n. As the command sinks in, the one ability that had started it all, the fire ability, was now activated and ready to kill.

However, just before you did set him alight, he woke up, finding you there, ready to kill him, and he only looked at you with a saddened smile, as if waiting for deaths sweet embrace. "Thank you..." he whispers, as you burn him alive, just like you did with all of those people that had tortured and controlled you all your childhood.

With the last embers of his life now gone, your consciousness finally returns to you. It was his ability that had control over you, now remembering, it was Puppeteer, and with him dead, there was now something you had to do.

"It seems you have finally returned to normal," you hear a familiar voice: turning around, you see that it was Kouyou. She was smiling at you as if seeing her friend after a long time.

"Kouyou I-" you start to say yet, she interrupts you.

"No need to apologise, dear, I am glad you are alright now," she tells you, warmly smiling at you as if what you did to her was long forgotten already. "You can find Chuuya in his office," she tells you standing aside in order for you to get past her. "well what are you waiting for, quickly now," she says, as you snap out of it finally nodding at her smiling.

As soon as Kouyou told you where Chuuya was, you went straight to his office: you knew you had to go. And there you were, standing in front of his door, just waiting, as if stalling. You didn't know the real reason for your stalling. "Where the hell is she: find her now!" you hear him yell from within. Then finally, you knocked on the door and paused, waiting to hear his voice. "Come in," he simply says, and after a moment of hesitation, you finally open the door.

It was just you and Chuuya alone in his office. Soon looking up to see you standing there, his expression quickly changes from frustration to surprise. "Y/n?" he simply asks, standing up. "I- thought you were gone..."

"That ability, the one that had control over me, it's over now that he's dead..." you start to tell him until his expression turns into anger.

"Just what the hell were you thinking!?" Chuuya yells in frustration, slamming his fists into his desk. "If that bastard Da-" he begins to say yet stops himself, quickly facing away from you. "Why the fuck didn't you say something back then!?" he complains, his tightened fists now loosening. "Do you still not trust me?" he asks, still refusing to face you. You could hear it in his voice, how hurt he was. Underneath all of his strength and pride, he too could still get hurt, and you had almost forgotten that.

You never thought about how your actions would affect a person's feelings since you never had the luxury of caring about another. " Trust you...?" you ask him, as he finally turns around to face you once again. "Of course, it's not that I didn't trust you enough: it's that I was afraid of you getting hurt," you start to say yet pause, looking into his eyes with pleading eyes. "Up until that day, I thought you were invincible, then I saw how you were hurt because of me..." you try to explain yet, you're suddenly cut off: by something. It was his lips, Chuuya was kissing you. At first, you were too surprised to react yet, it wasn't long until you started doing it back. After a few moments, he finally pulled away from you, looking flustered.

"Don't you get it, I love you y/n,"

"And I love you too...Chuuya,"