Conflicting feelings

It's now the day after the ball, and you're in your office alone, back to the usual paperwork you hated so much. The warm evening sun felt nice on your back: as you stared thoughtlessly at the office door as if waiting for someone. You weren't sure what you were waiting for, yet the absence of another appearing made you grow restless. Crossing your arms, you turn the chair to look through the window at the scene below. It had been a while since you craved the company of another, you had long forgotten it in fact, yet you weren't sure who it was you were craving for. Not knowing caused a frown to form on your facial features, the feeling of yearning for something was a feeling you hated dearly. Longing for something or someone made you feel weak, especially if you were yearning for a person. You were still of the opinion that you didn't need anyone. Suddenly you stand, you had to distract yourself, and you knew how.

You had left the building in search of something to improve your moods, but before this, you had thrown on a long black trench coat on top of your usual work attire. With hands in the coat's pockets, you begin your journey around the city as the sun starts to set. As you wandered around, you began to ponder what you could do that wouldn't cause your petite partner to lecture you afterwards.

After some time had passed, you found yourself at the abandoned shipyard: in the dark of the night. It was almost silent if it wasn't for your soft footsteps that continued on until you reached the top of the stairs to see the red of a small book and the figure that was holding it. He was casually leaning against a rusty railing only mere yards away from you. He was concentrating on the book he held until you had caught his attention and his brown eyes met yours. "If it isn't Chuuya's little partner," he says in a cheerful tone, grinning at you mischievously: closing his book shut as he makes his way closer towards you. The nickname irritated you: it was as if the only thing mattered was that you were Chuuya's partner. As if your name didn't truly matter, at least with the name Copycat, you didn't sound like someone's belongings.

"And if it isn't the suicidal maniac that Chuuya despites so much," you reply in a bored tone. "What are you scheeming now, bandages?" you ask him tilting your head slightly with a bored expression, trying to hide the annoyance you had.

"How mean, I just want a double suicide with a beautiful woman!" he exclaims, pouting a little. But the facade didn't convince you, having heard about his time in the Port Mafia.

You fold your arms, then start to walk towards the broken window that clearly a person had smashed through to create it. However, you soon stop in front of the window. And you just look down below, towards the ground floor of the shipyard building. "Care to let me shove you through this window instead?" you ask him, still not moving your head to face him: or changing your bored expression.

Instead of answering, he simply starts to walk closer to you until he stands beside you, looking down below too. "Pass," he complains in a bored tone, pouting again. "Atsushi's feeling so sad after you joined the Mafia," he suddenly says in an almost mocking tone. "I was surprised when you lashed out like that, does the Kitten not like people," he asks in a singing tone as he grins at you. The nickname makes you look at him straight in the eyes with a surprised look, which soon changed to anger and hatred.

"What did you call me!?" you ask him: as you grab ahold of his shirt, forcing him down to your height. "I'm not some sort of helpless kitten!" you yell at him as he simply smirks at you, having succeeded in angering you. He doesn't attempt to try to get himself away from you. Instead, he grabs onto your wrist with both hands and wraps his fingers around it, with a smirk still present.

After a few moments of glaring and a lack of an answer, you shove him away only to start to walk off, yet he doesn't allow you to do so. He had a grip on the back of the collar of the black trench coat you were wearing. "What is it you exactly want?" you ask him, having stopped in your tracks as he holds onto your coat.

"Hmm, what is it that I want..." he ponders, loosening his grip on your coat as he walks in closer to you. When he reaches you, he rests his head on top of yours while resting his hands on your shoulders. "Just who are you, Kitten...?" he asks you: staying where he is, and once again, the nickname angers you immensely. "A kitten with a past of not even 4 years, just what happened before then, I wonder," he asks you, just as your patience runs out. You swing your right leg behind you to try and kick him: however, he swiftly walks backwards to narrowly dodge you. "Aww, did I hit a nerve, you're too easy to read, Kitten," he states with a smirk on his face.

"I'll show you easy to read, you suicidal bastard!" you yell at him, racing at him to attack. You throw a flurry of punches, yet he dodges them all easily as if predicting your attacks, which only works to worsen your temper.

"Your attacks are so alike to Chuuya's," he tells you: continuing to dodge, the comment angering you immensely after being compared to someone else. His words now become a blur as the growing rage dulls your senses.

Then finally, you land an attack on him, you feel a hint of satisfaction, yet it does not last. He doesn't get pushed back very far and doesn't seem too fazed by the punch either. With your back to the hole in the window, you had unknowingly cornered yourself, fallen for his trap. Your blind rage caused this: without those abilities you had, you were defenceless. But you knew all you had to do was get out of his reach: you could set the whole place ablaze, with him inside. The window was just the exit you needed.

Taking a step back, you feel yourself start to fall back until you feel yourself stop. Dazai had grabbed onto your collar. "Where you you running off to, Kitten?" he asks you, smirking as he pulls you closer to his face.

Just as you go to throw a punch, you feel something soft press against your lips. The feeling of surprise washes over you, and it's almost too late when you notice that now you're falling towards the ground. At the last moment, you activate the gravity ability and safely land on the floor, still in a moment of confusion about what had just happened.

You look up to where you had fallen: and where Dazai is now gone. With the feeling of surprise still rushing, you simply stood there staring: until it finally went away and was replaced with an all so familiar feeling, hatred.

You felt a strong feeling of hatred and a lust for revenge. You no longer cared for the punishment you might earn: you didn't want to: you had to set the whole place ablaze. Finally, letting out a scream you didn't know you were holding in and releasing a blaze of fires. You hadn't felt such rage since you had first found yourself onto the streets alone after what had happened almost 4 years ago. It had been so long since you had really let loose like this, but it wasn't enough: you knew who's ability would be perfect, Chuuya's.

For a moment, you had remembered secretly reading the files on the small executive as soon as you had officially become an executive for the Port Mafia. You had only gotten your hands on a few pages of the files, yet it was enough to find out that his ability had something called Corruption.

You had his ability: you would have Corruption too. You just had to activate it, and you knew how to. "Grantors of dark disgrace, you need not wake me again," you called out: as soon as you speak the words, you know you made a grave mistake. You begin to feel an increase in the ability just to then lose control of yourself. The only feeling you start to experience is the overwhelming pleasure in causing destruction. Causing mass destruction around you, walking on as you send flying pseudo black holes out that swallow everything in its paths, continuing to indiscriminately destroy the area around you as the building starts to fall down around you. The still-burning building debris fails to hurt you due to Corruption. The only thing causing you harm was Corruption itself, yet you weren't lucid enough to regain control.

Would this really be your end? It couldn't be, and it shouldn't be. Yet what could you really do? You were drowning in the pleasure of causing all this destruction, with no escape. You were finally reaching your limit.

While walking and causing chaos and destruction, you had finally reached outside.

Then you felt a hand grab onto your wrist as you were about to send another pair of pseudo black holes. Slowly, you start to feel yourself return and the ability cancelled. Regaining control over yourself, you begin to feel immense pain throughout your body which causes you to fall to the floor. Yet you feel someone's hand grab onto the back of your collar, stopping you mid-air.

Before looking at who grabbed you, you feel yourself slip into the unconscious, and darkness envelopes you.