Christmas Special

Why hello my dear readers, it's certainly been some time since this story finished so here I am with a Christmas Eve special! It's a little extra for those who wanted a little more ;)

_______________________________

It's been almost 2 years since you and Chuuya confessed to each other; you became not just his partner in work but romantically too, and while it was rocky at first as neither of you was sure of how things went in a relationship, it got better over time.

The morning sunlight finally hits you, and you unwillingly wake up, "damn sun," you mutter as you try to cover your eyes with your hand in a feeble attempt to sleep just a little longer. Turning to your side, you see a softly snoring Chuuya stretched out like he always would asleep; you couldn't help but be thankful that he had a large enough bed for you to still have some space left. For the last year, the 2 of you shared the same place, and more recently started sharing the same bed. Sitting upright, you look at him and softly chuckle to yourself, "well he's a lot less angry asleep at least," you say to yourself.

You go to move his hair out of his face, and he grabs your wrist; still half asleep, he opens his eyes to see you, then releases your wrist before closing his eyes again. He would usually wake up if he felt a gaze on him; you just saw it as normal behaviour for a mafioso. "Chuuyaaa~" you playfully say, seeing an opportunity to tease him, as after all this time, you still loved to tease the male, possibly even more than back then. You delicately place your fingers on his shoulder and slowly move them a little lower before he quickly grabs your wrist, holding it more tightly than a few minutes ago.

You knew what this reaction meant.

Some time passes, and both of you are now at the Port Mafia, both in Chuuya's office since you prefer to work there nowadays. "Oww, couldn't you go a little easier on me next time?" you ask him while you're slumped in the chair facing him as your body aches from pain. "It's your fucking fault!" he exclaims as his face grows a little flush from embarrassment, clutching his pen so hard it cracks. "To think the boss has us doing all this paperwork on Christmas Eve, what a pain..." you complain as you frown at the paperwork in front of you. Even after all this time, you still found paperwork dreadfully boring; you would much rather be fighting a strong opponent, especially since you've recently got your hands on some new abilities you managed to copy, but as an executive's partner, you rarely find yourself in combat. "Don't forget about the Christmas banquet tomorrow," he firmly reminds you as he continues through his paperwork. "Hmm, yes, yes, shame we can't have some other fun," you reply, leaning back in your chair, still refusing to complete the paperwork. "W-what other fun!?" he blurts out as his face turns almost bright red in embarrassment, this time completely crushing the pen in his hand, causing the ink to leak all over his glove. "Why a good fight, of course; what else would I be talking about?" you ask him, finally sitting straight and looking him in the eyes with a curious expression. "Nothing!" he complains as he removes his gloves and throws them with the pen into the bin. "Well if you insist~" you playfully respond as you see this as another opportunity to tease him a little.

That is until someone knocks on the door, "Permission to enter, Executive Nakahara?" a female voice rings out. "Ah, Higuchi, come in," you respond just before Chuuya tries to reply. She opens the door and enters the room, closing the door behind her, "The boss wishes to see you," she states but then pauses for a moment. "Ah, he didn't say why t-though," she adds, becoming a little flustered, and for a moment, she loses composure before standing straight and returning to her usual professional look. "Ahem, a-alright," Chuuya responds before regaining his composure as he stands up: he pauses and looks at you. "Stay here..." he tells you as his gaze moves towards the untouched pile of paperwork, "and finish this paperwork!" he yells before leaving the room, tilting his hat downwards, attempting to cover his still reddish face. After hearing the door slam, you twist your chair around to face Higuchi, "have you managed to convince that wallflower to dance with you tomorrow at the banquet?" you ask her, smiling encouragingly at her as her face turns red in embarrassment. "A-Akutagawa-senpai isn't a wallflower," she protests while avoiding your question entirely, which most likely means she hadn't even asked. "The man hates parties and sticks to the edge of any Port Mafia party; of course he is, but I'll take that response as you haven't asked," you plainly state, somewhat disappointed. While you never originally got along with Akutagawa, you didn't dislike him per se, and over the last 2 years, you've gotten along much better, as he now treats you the same as he does Chuuya. And while you did make fun of Higuchi and her one-sided love at first, as you saw love as a waste of time and a weakness, you later started to feel sorry for her and cheered her on somewhat. "Should we just make dancing at least once mandatory; that's sure to force him," you ask, not that would guarantee her a dance with him, or you had the authority to even enforce such a ridiculous rule. "He seems to have loosed up a little, and you'll never know if you don't try," you tell her, attempting to sound genuine. "Actually, he should be returning from a mission soon, so you should head to the entrance," you tell her as you reach out behind you to grab a piece of paperwork, "and good luck," you add, looking down at the piece of paper finally deciding to get to work. There are a few moments of pause as Higuchi looks at you in surprise before he bows her head as a sign of gratitude, "t-thank you!" she exclaims before rushing out of the room in a slight panic. Turning the chair around again, you sigh as you begin the painfully dull paperwork you kept avoiding until now.

It takes some time, but you've finished all the paperwork and sigh in relief, stretching your arms up into the air as the door opens; putting your arms back down, you turn around to see who it is. "Ah Chuuya you're back," you cheerfully beam, happy to see him return, "don't worry I'm just about finished," you add. "Good, because we're going out," he states, holding out his hand to help you stand, and without hesitation, you take it. "Oh?" you curiously ask as you stand up, soon noticing the red scarf around his neck. "It's cold out, so here," he answers as he gently wraps a scarf around your neck. The scarf was your favourite colour and had your name embroidered somewhat poorly, which is most likely why he took so long. "Who knew the scary executive would be so romantic," you joked before kissing him. He wasn't the most romantic and awkward at times, but you found it to be quite cute. What you didn't expect him to do was to grab the ends of your scarf to pull you in for more of a passionate kiss, causing you to be the one with a flushed face this time.

Smirking, he chuckles at you, "let's go," he tells you, and of course you do exactly as he says. 

It wasn't long until night arrived, and you both were driving around on Chuuya's motorbike. Feeling the cold wintery air hit your face, you cling closer to Chuuya, attempting to cling to what warmth you can, "where are we heading exactly?" you ask him while resting your chin on his shoulder. "Wait and see," he tells you as he begins to speed up, causing you to hold tighter onto him, making him smirk a little at your response, which only makes him increase the speed even further with the use of his gravity. "Chuuya-" you try to say yet end up only hiding your face in his neck; you weren't afraid of the speeds he was going at; it was simply too cold for your liking. "That's for this morning," he tells you as he keeps smirking at your reaction; however, little did you know he was also enjoying the closeness, not that his pride would allow him to admit that to you.

Soon after, you both arrive at your destination, and you're now desperately trying to wrap your arms around yourself, attempting to warm yourself up; upon seeing you like this, Chuuya only laughs. "I-I am definitely going to get you back for t-this!" you complain, not paying much attention to where the 2 of you are. As he finally stops laughing at you, he holds his arms out and grins, frowning a little; you pause yet ultimately give in and wrap your arms around his neck. However, you didn't expect him to pick you up, "wait, Chuuya-" you try to say, knowing what he was planning as this wasn't the first time he pulled a stunt like this on you. Before you knew it, he had used his ability to send the both of you flying upwards; out of surprise, you do nothing except desperately cling to him. Fortunately, it didn't last long, and before you knew it, he had carefully put you down while you continued to tightly cling to him. "Look, Y/N," he softly tells you as you finally loosen your grip around him and open your eyes to see the both of you atop a skyscraper with a clear view of the Christmas light below. "Chuuya..." you gasp, not really knowing how to respond. "Here's to almost 2 years, Y/N," he responds, leading you to the little Christmas-themed picnic adorned with bottles of wine and food.

The both of you sit beside each other as he opens a bottle and pours the both of you a glass. Holding up your glass, you softly smile, "to almost 2 years, Chuuya," you cheered, as you leaned yourself against Chuuya.

"I'm glad I stayed," you tell him, trying the sweet wine. "To think I'd find myself a home here, and it's all thanks to you, my dear little executive," you add, chuckling at the nickname. "Oi, you said you'd quit calling me that!" he complains until the both of you laugh.

"Ah, but you'll always be my little executive, Chuuya," you respond.

____________________________

While I might be publishing this Christmas special early, I'm sure my lovely readers don't mind the early gift.

Merry Christmas my dear readers.