Chapter 1: Stars

Yoon Seri, a chaebol from Seoul, decided to surprise her longtime boyfriend, Cha Sang Woo. He is an actor and has scheduled late-night filming. Seri thought to have a surprise visit to ease the tiredness on Sang Woo.

She spotted a coffee shop before approaching the filming location and bought coffees that she would think would help all the cast and crew. She ordered around 50 various coffees like americano, latte, and cappuccino. She securely placed it inside her car and drove off.

As soon as she arrived, she found one of the crews and asked for help carrying the coffee. "Are they filming right now?" Seri asked. "No, Ms. Yoon. They're having a break. These coffees are right on time," the crew said and they exchanged smiles.

As they entered the filming site, Seri almost dropped all the coffees she was holding. She was planning to surprise her boyfriend but she was the one who got surprised- her long-time boyfriend was cuddling and kissing his partner OFF CAM!

"You're on a break, right?" She whispered to the crew while gritting her teeth. "Uhm... Yes, Ms. Yoon," the crew stuttered as he was also surprised by what he saw.

Seri placed the coffees on a table she first saw and went in the direction of the two artists, "Oh this looks so natural." Both of them were surprised to see Seri especially Sang Woo, "Seri... w-what are you doing here?" Seri answered him while looking at the actress instead of him, "I came to surprise you. But HELL, I was the one who got surprised." Her voice raised causing the other persons around to look at them and they knew what was happening.

"Seri, I-" Sang Woo wasn't able to finish his sentence as he was stopped by the actress. "We're in a relationship. Four months to be exact," she blurted out. "This bitch" Seri told herself. She was boiling inside and wanted to slap them both. But she thought about herself, "You're better than this, Seri." Instead, she uttered, "This needs no explanation." She then faced Sang Woo and said, "Thanks for the 6 years, Sang Woo. I enjoyed it while it lasted. I really thought you're the one but I was wrong."

She walked away from them, not looking back until she spotted the coffees she bought, "Oh, everyone," she raised her voice. "These coffees are yours. Please enjoy the rest of the night," she bowed before leaving the place.

Seri drove off to who knows where. She was driving around more than an hour until she reached a certain spot- Beotgogae Tunnel. "I'm already at Yangpyeong?" Her eyes roamed around the place and saw how beautiful the night sky was. There were so many stars. The place is usually busy and filled with cars during the day so Seri grabbed the opportunity to make her stop worthwhile. She decided to pull over to the side of the road to observe the sky.

Seri looked back at what happened tonight and it made her tear up. She felt an ache on her chest as her little cries turned to sobs. She placed both of her hands to cover her face to minimize her sobs but she failed. She let it all out. She didn't care if some cars were passing by. She needs to let it all out. She took a deep breath and looked up at the sky, "Why is this happening to me?" She cried out. Gritting her teeth, she muttered, "I won't ever forgive you, Cha Sang Woo. You put those 6 years to waste." She tried to compose herself and breathe heavily until she saw something in the sky, "A shooting star!" She immediately closed her eyes and wished, "I know 6 years were long but I want another chance at love. I want to fall in love again and move on from my past. Can I? Can I do that?" She opened her eyes and blurted out, "I need to unwind."