Chapter 23: Tomorrow (wildcard)

Incheon Airport, Korea

It was almost 2 pm when the plane that Jeong Hyeok and Seri were riding landed in Incheon. They held each other's hand as they embarked on a new journey back to their home country.

They walked freely. Seri didn't care if people will recognize her or if she'll be on the news a few minutes later. She didn't come back for all those gossips, she came back because she wanted to start a new life with the man she loves.

Jeong Hyeok told Seri before they left Switzerland that he wanted to stop by a place with her. Seri didn't know where it was, yet she agreed. "Maybe we'll stop by their house? Will I meet his family?" Seri thought to herself.

While they were waiting for their cab, she had the urge to ask him, "Where are you taking me, Jeong Hyeok? Are we going to your house?"

"Hmm, well we can. You can meet my family after we go to this certain place," he told her.

"Are we going to Gangwon? So, this certain place we're going to is in Gangwon?" She asked and Jeong Hyeok nodded. She still wondered where Jeong Hyeok would take her, "Maybe he'll take me to his favorite restaurant?"

As their ride arrived, Jeong Hyeok let Seri in while he and the driver placed their luggage in the trunk. 

Jeong Hyeok then followed Seri and joined her in the backseat of the car. He let Seri place her head on his shoulders to rest since it'll be a long ride.

"Sleep. We had a long flight and this might be a long ride as well. I'll wake you up when we arrive." He kissed her head as he snaked his arms around her waist.

With half-lidded eyes, Seri told Jeong Hyeok, "You, too. You should rest too." She faced him at the crook of his neck and kept on nudging her face, convincing him to sleep too.

"I will. I will," he caressed her face that made Seri stop and just settled her head on his shoulder.

---

Almost two hours later, Jeong Hyeok woke up from his nap when they were almost at their destination.

He gently tapped the woman's shoulder beside him, "Seri. Hey, we're almost here."

Seri stretched as much as she could and when she opened her eyes, she saw that the place is full of trees, but what surprised her the most was that the place is also full of tombstones- "We're in a cemetery."

"Jeong Hyeok..." Teary-eyed, she looked at Jeong Hyeok beside her who gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's okay. I'm okay. We're ready, right?" Seri immediately threw herself in Jeong Hyeok's embrace after hearing those words. "Jeong Hyeok..."

He embraced her tightly and rubbed his hand along her back, "I really am ready and of course, I want you to meet her."

As their ride stopped, both of them descended from it and stood once their feet landed on the ground.

Seri squeezed his hand, and Jeong Hyeok held hers firmly and started walking.

After a few steps from where they lifted their soles, they finally reached a certain grave. 

"Hi!" Jeong Hyeok greeted.

"I'm back. Well, I told you I'll be back. But I have someone with me." He looked over to Seri and gave her a nod.

"Hello! It's finally nice to meet you. I'm Yoon Seri," she greeted her with a smile like she was actually talking to a person and that touched Jeong Hyeok's heart. How can he not fall in love with a woman like her? She's the most amazing person he has ever met.

"Jeong Hyeok!!!" Seri gritted her teeth and loudly whispered. Jeong Hyeok finally realized that she was staring at Seri for a few moments after she greeted her ex-girlfriend.

He shook her head and switched back his gaze to the grave, "Ya! You did this, right? You let me find a perfect person that I would love and would love me. Did I look so miserable before?" He chuckled.

As his smile slowly faded away, he continued, "You have owned my heart for how many years, and I want to thank you for it. But now, I want to thank you for finding Seri for me. Thank you for letting her own my heart now. I will spend every tomorrow with a smile on my face. I know you'll be happy for me. Yes, I know you'll REALLY be happy."

He bent her knees to have a clear look at her tomb as tears left his eyes. "Thank you for fulfilling your last wish for me."

He breathed deeply and said his final words,  "Goodbye, Tang Wei-ssi