Chapter 8: Hug

Jeong Hyeok stayed and just watched Seri. He let her cry out all of the pain she was feeling. He kept her company and thought it was the least he could do for her. They may have different past experiences with their exes but he knows exactly what she was feeling. He knows how it feels if someone you love so dearly, suddenly left.

Seri didn't utter any words and just kept on sobbing. She screams along when the thunder struck to avoid being heard by the people around. She covered her face right after but tears kept on flowing.

Jeong Hyeok wanted to do something to ease her. He just wanted to do something to help. But, is it right to do it to a person who you just met?

He fought his resistance and did what he thought was right. He grabbed Seri's shoulders and turned her around to face him. He gently placed her head on his chest. He placed his left hand on Seri's back and his right hand at the back of her head. Both of his hands were sliding and rubbing along the parts of her body, trying their best to calm her down. He hugged her, not just as a friend, but as a person who's willing to help someone get through the pain.

His guess was right and thought, "She's here because of the breakup. That person left not the same as how my ex-girlfriend did, but if the news was right that the guy she was dating for so many years cheated on her, I can't imagine what this lady is feeling right now. Seri's clearly devastated."

Jeong Hyeok tightened his grip, making her feel that he's there for her. "Just let it all out. Cry as much as you want," he whispered. She cried even more knowing that there's a friend who's there for her. She tightly closed her eyes and be immersed in the feeling she was getting because of Jeong Hyeok's hug. It felt like home.

Both of them were soaking wet because of the rain but that didn't stop them from breaking the hug. Seri can't even pull out of it because she knew she needed it. She knew she needed someone. She knew she needed a friend. She knew she needed that hug.